cancelled cruise Norway

My sister has just sent me a text to say that her cruise on Balmoral is cancelled because of the strikes in Norway. They were on their way to Bergen but have now turned round to come home again.

My sister has just sent me a text to say that her cruise on Balmoral is cancelled because of the strikes in Norway. They were on their way to Bergen but have now turned round to come home again.

I have been monitoring this situation with the strikes in Norway (I am supposed to be on a RCI Brilliance cruise to the fjords on Saturday).

According to AIS data, Balmoral is now heading for the Kiel Canal, so taking a short cut through to the Baltic. I hope your sister has a good time on her re-arranged itinerary, but she must be gutted to miss the fjords.

Sad for your Sister :-(

I too am monitoring. Due to fly out to Oslo tomorrow am to board Vision of the Seas on Sat. I have also looked at tracker fir Balmoral, but it currently records it as being in Glasgow! Anyone any ideas? Strike is escalating, causing more disruption now :-(

That's a different Balmoral, the heritage steamer MV Balmoral that only does tours round the British Isles. :)

I made that mistake too!

They are transiting the Kiel Canal at the moment and then on to Warnemunde, Copenhagen, Gothenberg, Zeebrugge. I think the captain has done well to re-arrange it all.

That's a different Balmoral, the heritage steamer MV Balmoral that only does tours round the British Isles. :)

Yep! Found that out earlier, silly me!

But I did pst because I knew it wasn't right!

Looks like we are definitely going to be bus'd from Oslo to Gothenberg. Ah well! If no further problems, looks like we are least disadvantaged compared to some

Lyn

Archived