Aft on Pride (8270)

We love an Aft Balcony cabin. We've never had one on the Pride. We have cabin 8270 on 7/22.

Has anyone been in that cabin or a similar one aboard the Pride? I'd love to hear about it (pro & con). I'd appreciate any photos, too.

Ahoy Y'all,

Jim

There were a few threads about aft balcony cabins and may have been some specifically on the Spirit-class ships. If you do an advanced search, you can probably find them.

I know that the discussions in them about the aft cabins got me to change from 5268 to 4230 on Miracle.

Because of the slant of the stern, there will be very little overhang so be forewarned that it can get very, very hot back there. That's the main reason I moved down to Main - the slope of the next deck isn't as great as it is for the ones above.

And it still got very, very hot back there! Plus, we had rather rough seas one day and quite a bit of rain, but thanks to the overhang, I was able to drag the chair right up parallel to the window and still sit out in the fresh air. Kept me from getting seasick.

Being just above the dining room, it smelled like bacon in the morning! :p

The aft Lido deck pool area on these ships is open, unlike on some of the other, larger ships (which have the retractable roof so are surrounded by glass). So there will be people standing at the rail and they can look down and see about 1/2 of your deck.

I don't personally want to be real close to the buffet and the Lido deck. Some people do.

I've read that some people have had trash on the balcony that was thrown/blown off.

There was a bit of vibration on Main, but it was a great cabin.

on this class of ship:

this is the aft:

283578778xGRsek_th.jpg

aft balconies get no ocean breezes. its quiet back there as people tend not to go where they dont have to. longer walk to the stairs/elevators.

and for cheaper money you could have one on the side:

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

6232 / 7258 or 8232

Archived