Refrigerator in RS on Solstice?

dhmjdds

We are sailing in a Solstice Royal Suite for the first time later this year. So excited!!

I know every stateroom has a little refrigerator that is actually not more than an electric ice chest that keeps things cool but not particularly cold. Does the RS have a real refrigerator? Perhaps a normal size one? And how about an ice maker? I can't tell from the stateroom layout and photo on the Celebrity site nor from their literature. There used to be a 3-D rotating-view movie, but I can't find that anymore.

Thanks!

Diane

We are sailing in a Solstice Royal Suite for the first time later this year. So excited!! I know every stateroom has a little refrigerator that is actually not more than an electric ice chest that keeps things cool but not particularly cold. Does the RS have a real refrigerator? Perhaps a normal size one? And how about an ice maker? I can't tell from the stateroom layout and photo on the Celebrity site nor from their literature. There used to be a 3-D rotating-view movie, but I can't find that anymore. Thanks! Diane

Good questions, Diane, from nearby Indiana. We have a Celebrity Suite booked for Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland, NZ and wonder about how good and large of a fridge these better suites have versus the more marginal "cooler" we had when doing the Solstice in a regular room. Appreciate any and all tips, insights, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 84,387 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Of all the royal suites, owner's suites... I have been on in a number of cruises with various cruise lines, never has there been a full sized fridge. All have been typical cabin coolers.

The only suite that has a full sized fridge is the penthouse suite on the m-class ships. Don't know about the s-class.

Just in the PH on Solstice and no full frig. Those are only on M class PH. So, no full frig in the RS.

Archived