Captain's Club Question

NovCruisin

We are not high enough status for our RCCL to transfer to Celebrity, I know this :D I also know that we cannot get a Captain Club membership until our first cruise and that the benefits earned from a change in "status" are not active until after that cruise....

That having been said...I still wonder...

I assume DH and I will want to cruise Celebrity again and our first is in November. How can we go about booking our next cruise onboard and getting the perks such as OBC, etc.? Can we sign up for the Captain Club while on board and then book a future cruise? Or is this not possible?

Thanks for any insight ( hopefully this question makes sense! :p )

I'm not so sure that you can't get your Captain's Club number now, based on being in the Crown and Anchor already. You may not be high enough to qualify for any perks, but I think you can register for the program regardless. Call Captain's Club and give them your C&A number and they will tell you what the terms are.

Anyone can book a cruise while on board. There recently were some special Captain's Club incentives which were available for newly-released cruises (and have since expired), but the regular on-board offers of a reduced deposit, OBC based on length of cruise, and category upgrades are, as far as I know, available to anyone who books a cruise while on a cruise.

I'm not so sure that you can't get your Captain's Club number now, based on being in the Crown and Anchor already. You may not be high enough to qualify for any perks, but I think you can register for the program regardless. Call Captain's Club and give them your C&A number and they will tell you what the terms are.

Anyone can book a cruise while on board. There recently were some special Captain's Club incentives which were available for newly-released cruises (and have since expired), but the regular on-board offers of a reduced deposit, OBC based on length of cruise, and category upgrades are, as far as I know, available to anyone who books a cruise while on a cruise.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :D That was pretty much the exact answer I was looking for!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :D That was pretty much the exact answer I was looking for!

:cool:The information on the last post should be correct. I booked my first X cruise, and had enrolled in Captain's Club before I had even got off the phone. I was given my CC member before reservation was completed. The only bad part is you have to start over earning points. I wish they could be accrued on both lines, but it is nice that they recognize your level:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

We are not high enough status for our RCCL to transfer to Celebrity, I know this :D I also know that we cannot get a Captain Club membership until our first cruise and that the benefits earned from a change in "status" are not active until after that cruise....

That having been said...I still wonder...

I assume DH and I will want to cruise Celebrity again and our first is in November. How can we go about booking our next cruise onboard and getting the perks such as OBC, etc.? Can we sign up for the Captain Club while on board and then book a future cruise? Or is this not possible?

Thanks for any insight ( hopefully this question makes sense! :p )

You earn points seperately on RCI and Celebrity. Once you reach "Diamond" on C&A your perk is an "Elite" status on Celebrity. And when you reach "Elite" you can receive "Diamond" status on RCI.

Unfortunately, they don't count your RCI and Celebrity together to reach either the Diamond or Elite status in the respective lines.

You earn points seperately on RCI and Celebrity. Once you reach "Diamond" on C&A your perk is an "Elite" status on Celebrity. And when you reach "Elite" you can receive "Diamond" status on RCI.

Unfortunately, they don't count your RCI and Celebrity together to reach either the Diamond or Elite status in the respective lines.

Yes...that sure is unfortunate for some of us!

I've got 111 points (new style--translates to about 16 cruises on the old system) and, by the time I cruise on RCCL in December, will have 21 credits on Celebrity...My additional points on Celebrity haven't done me any good for a few years and I won't get to Diamond Plus on RCCL in the foreseeable future...

I understand why they won't combine them--there is a glut of Diamonds and Elites already...

BUT, what they really SHOULD do, to be fair, is to grant Diamond Plus status to Celebrity Captains Club members with 25+ points on Celebrity.

The way it works now, you can reach Celebrity's highest level merely by being Diamond on RCCL, BUT NO Celebrity Captains Club status will ever earn you Diamond Plus status with RCCL...

JMHO...

Archived