45 Days Out and Price Drop

doberlady

We are 45 days till cruise and I just noticed a price drop.

For my SJ suite it's $625 cheaper and my parents SJ suite it's $490 cheaper.

Will NCL work with me on this or is it too close to sail to matter?

TIA!

Since you are well past final payment, odds are you will not get a price reduction or OBC for your SJ suites. You can call and try, but do not be surprised if you hear no.

Once final payment has passed, I try to stop watching the price of my current cabin category...instead I concentrate on the prices of better cabins...if the price of those drops, I may be able to upgrade at little or no cost.

So, are there price drops on other suites you might like even better than your SJ? If so, is the difference between their current price and the price you paid for the SJ an amount you'd pay for an upgrade?

Here is what I was just offered.

What do you think about it?

I can offer you a future cruise credit for each reservation. The Cruise Credit Certificates must be used on a sailing within a year of issuance of the CCC.

We can offer you a $300.00 CCC for your reservation and $250.00 CCC for your mother’s reservation. These Cruise Credit Certificates can be used to reduce the voyage fare on your next cabin(s). Once the certificate is issued you will receive a letter advising you of the terms and conditions

At this point, you are very lucky to get anything after final payment. I highly doubt you are in any posistion to bargain for anything.

By far the credit certificate is the best deal. Any extra OBC, is likely a nonrefundable option, and has to be spent, no savings, just more stuff, you may not otherwise by.

The certificates are CASH back.

At this point, you are very lucky to get anything after final payment. I highly doubt you are in any posistion to bargain for anything.

By far the credit certificate is the best deal. Any extra OBC, is likely a nonrefundable option, and has to be spent, no savings, just more stuff, you may not otherwise by.

The certificates are CASH back.

Yes the Certificates are "Cash" back.... Only if she purchases another cruise within a year. I would much rather have some sort offer to be used on THIS cruise, not a future one that she would have to purchase to take advantage of the certificates.

The price difference is too much for them to offer me a free upgrade to the OS. I do not want to spend one more penny on this trip so I didn't ask how much the upgrade would be.

I took the CCC. Will prob cruise Thanksgiving.

The PCC said CCC are given in the amount of 50% of the price drop.

She was very very nice and I graciously accepted the offer.

I will buy a FCC on the ship and combine the ccc.

Thanks for your opinions!

The price difference is too much for them to offer me a free upgrade to the OS. I do not want to spend one more penny on this trip so I didn't ask how much the upgrade would be.

I took the CCC. Will prob cruise Thanksgiving.

The PCC said CCC are given in the amount of 50% of the price drop.

She was very very nice and I graciously accepted the offer.

I will buy a FCC on the ship and combine the ccc.

Thanks for your opinions!

Hey, its better than nothing! Congrat's Did she happen to say what happens if the price continues to drop? Would you be entitled to further CCC?

I found about an OBC that was offered after I booked.I had to call NCL and ask to get it applied ($150.00).Then I asked the rep what will happen if the price dropped after my final payment,she told me no cash back but it will be up to NCL management if they want to give an OBC for the difference. I emailed and asked to be upgraded from SJ to SA(DOS),i got a quick response and was told we wont know until a week before we cruise if we got it or not. GOOD LUCK!!!

I have just been looking at the prices of the trip I am going on. the inside cabins have dropped considerably in price, but I think the cost of suites has gone up quite a bit. Interestingly, there are no balcony rooms left at all?

it actually went up from this morning.

Wish my ccc could be 13 months instead of 12. Would like to cruise out of florida when school ends next June.

Really? What was the SJ this morning? I saw it at $1849, now $1749 - July 15th Trip

While I think we will love the SJ I do regret paying so much for this cruise. I really would be happy in an inside.

Might sound strange to some but I would rather take more vacations then have a suite. Of course I say that now as I have never sailed in a suite. I might think differently after I try it!

Archived