Anyone do this?

We saw that you can pay to do an all inclusive resort for one day while in Jamaica - Ocho Rios. I think there are a few resorts.

Price is around $79 with transportation to and from and yes you get food, alcohol, beach, pools etc. for the price.

Has anyone ever done this?

Would you do this again?

Thanks,

We have never done this but have stayed at AI's in Jamaica and seen cruise passengers come for the day. Our favorite is the Jewel Dunn's River in Ocho Rios, we have stayed there twice and love it. I have seen cruise passengers come in there while we were staying but do not know what all they get but believe it is the same as a paying guest (free food, alcohol, use of equipment). I highly recommend the Jewel if you are stopping in Ocho Rios.

How did you pick the resort?

Also, did you book direct and make your own transportation arrangements or did you book through an agency?

Thanks,

A combination of google and cruise critic (the port of call forums can be helpful). We booked it ourselves direct and made our own transportation arrangements.

Yes we used Jamaica for a day and went to Jewel Dunn's River Resort in Ocho Rios. They picked us up at the pier, dropped us off at the front door of the resort and then when it was time to go, they took us back. We had a wonderful time! Would definitely use them again if we go back!

How do they know what time that you need to leave to be back for the ship?

We are in port from 7am to 4pm.

What time will they pick you up and what time do you leave to go back based on above port time?

Thanks,

In Nassau it was our responsibility to get back to the ship but the Hilton was relatively close to the Prince George's Wharf

We paid for the transportation through Jamaica for a Day. There ended up being a group of us from the ship. They told us what time they were picking us up. Then on the bus ride over, they told us what time they would be taking us back to the ship and where to meet. You can do your own transportation but I wouldn't this was way easy!

We used Jamaica for a day earlier this month and they were fantastic. They pick you up 45 mins after your ship arrives and then while driving to the resort the passengers decide on a pick up time. It was the best day ever. We did the Jewel Dunn's River which is adults only. Drinks were great, staff was wonderful, food was really good and the pools and beach were beautiful. I highly recommend the resort. We could not have asked for anything more.

Another benefit to booking with them is if your boat does not make it to port or changes itinerary for any reason, they issue a full refund.

Have a great time !!!

We did this at the Hilton Colonial resort in Nassau and we had a great time

Hi My family an i will be cruising the Bahamas in Dec. One of our Ports are Nassau. What u posted seems like a great idea since i was looking for something to do in Nassau. Can u give me any advice an any tips on how this method works and what should i do to arrange it. If you can please help. Thank u!:confused:

We did this at the Hilton Colonial resort in Nassau and we had a great time

Hi My family an i will be cruising the Bahamas in Dec. One of our Ports are Nassau. What u posted seems like a great idea since i was looking for something to do in Nassau. Can u give me any advice an any tips on how this method works and what should i do to arrange it. If you can please help. Thank u!:confused: Oh and what was included in the all inclusive price? Thanks again.

Archived