Question: Celebrity Sea & Stay and Transfers out of London/Southampton

lmcgrail

I'm hoping someone has personal experience with this as I've spoken to Celebrity and have received different answers :(

I'm looking to book a cruise for my mother: Celebrity Constellation Transatlantic leaving Southhampton on 11/30. I don't plan on using Celebrity's air fare at this time due to her being in Italy several weeks ahead of time visiting family. She would fly into London on 11/27, looking to stay 3 nights in London. I was looking to book the hotel through Celebrity to make it easier for her thinking that the transfers would be included or available for purchase.

Has anyone done this and have they received transfers from the airport to the hotel and then the hotel to Southhampton? I've booked her on other cruise lines with their hotels and gotten the transfers. However, Celebrity is saying that there are no transfers from the hotel to Southhampton.

Thanks!

Lori

Hmmmm..... I have a hotel booked pre-cruise for that same TA crossing in November. Have been told that there are no airport-to-hotel transfers but that the hotel-to-Southampton transfers ARE included. I'll be double checking with my travel agent and suggest you do the same. I THINK that someone at Celebrity gave you incorrect information.

This statement appears on the website with the Sea and Stay packages:

Our Sea & Stay Packages include hotel accommodations as well as transportation to and from your ship.

I'm hoping someone has personal experience with this as I've spoken to Celebrity and have received different answers :(

I'm looking to book a cruise for my mother: Celebrity Constellation Transatlantic leaving Southhampton on 11/30. I don't plan on using Celebrity's air fare at this time due to her being in Italy several weeks ahead of time visiting family. She would fly into London on 11/27, looking to stay 3 nights in London. I was looking to book the hotel through Celebrity to make it easier for her thinking that the transfers would be included or available for purchase.

Has anyone done this and have they received transfers from the airport to the hotel and then the hotel to Southhampton? I've booked her on other cruise lines with their hotels and gotten the transfers. However, Celebrity is saying that there are no transfers from the hotel to Southhampton.

Thanks!

Lori

Lori

Living in the UK, we have not done your mother's proposed itinerary but have done various combinations of flights/hotels/cruises in different parts of the world with both Celebrity and Azamara [both before and after spliting with Celebrity]. If you book hotels and not flights with Celebrity, they WILL provide hotel to port transfer [as part of the hotel price - you would not have to purchase them separately] but NOT airport to hotel [even for separate purchase]. It is a logisitics thing if they have no control over the flights you may use.

Sue

Sue and Cruisestitch,

Thanks for the information. It looks like I was just given bad information by the Celebrity customer service agent that I spoke with. I plan on calling again. I'm ok with getting separate transport from the airport to the hotel but wanted to have her on Celebrity transport to the Ship.

Just as an FYI, Holland America provided transport from both the airport to hotel and the hotel to the ship when we booked only the hotel portion with HAL. Flights were booked independently.

Lori

Lori

Living in the UK, we have not done your mother's proposed itinerary but have done various combinations of flights/hotels/cruises in different parts of the world with both Celebrity and Azamara [both before and after spliting with Celebrity]. If you book hotels and not flights with Celebrity, they WILL provide hotel to port transfer [as part of the hotel price - you would not have to purchase them separately] but NOT airport to hotel [even for separate purchase]. It is a logisitics thing if they have no control over the flights you may use.

Sue

Archived