With a new day comes a new Dawn ..... and the Suite life 6/1/12- 6/8/12

Zimomiller

Zimomiller - great review and photos! By chance, do you still have the photos referenced in your earlier post looking down on the SD balconies from the deck above?

I do.

I will try to remember to post them this evening when I return home.

I do.

I will try to remember to post them this evening when I return home.

Maybe it's because I'm at work, but I cannot open your pictures? I'll try later on my laptop! LOVE your reviews! This will make good reading on the train ride home! :D

The reason the ics have vanished from this review is that my web host that had my pics went out of business.

The first pic is of 12520 balcony. I worked back from there towards the middle of the ship or higher suite numbers

IMG_1963.jpg.1d90615991b3fd2598c5c18e0dfe4907.jpg

IMG_1964.jpg.dbf563ffa41008c0892ec678497e98c4.jpg

IMG_1965.jpg.93ed68c6cafc8c7dc9dd7f41c24cc74f.jpg

Edited by Zimomiller

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe this is just me but... The link at the bottom took me to a page that wanted me to create an account at the site...not to the pics. Did I miss another link? :confused: I'm not going to create an account at an unknown site just to see the pics. Sorry.

DML

A few more

Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing! We are booked in this suite on the July 12th 2013 sailing to Bermuda. Two questions if you don't mind;

1) How was the wind factor when the ship was in motion as this is the first add on balcony?

2) Now I know this is personal based on income; usage etc. but I am trying to figure out the range of tipping that would be appropriate for both the Butler and Concierge as I know they are not included in the auto gratuities. Any help or guidance would be appreciated, as this is the first "Butler/Concierge" experience for us.

Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing! We are booked in this suite on the July 12th 2013 sailing to Bermuda. Two questions if you don't mind;

1) How was the wind factor when the ship was in motion as this is the first add on balcony?

2) Now I know this is personal based on income; usage etc. but I am trying to figure out the range of tipping that would be appropriate for both the Butler and Concierge as I know they are not included in the auto gratuities. Any help or guidance would be appreciated, as this is the first "Butler/Concierge" experience for us.

Hello cruisers,

We had an aft penthouse last year booked for the same this year and also 2014....:rolleyes: We love the Dawn.. We had a wonderful experience with our Butler and Concierge Virginia, I believe she is there this year too. We tipped them both $100 each at the end of the cruise.. They were both well worth it. Always available and always willing to bring anything you want to your cabin or make any reservations or arrangements you may need. We think they are often forgotten by guests for their demanding work.

Ann and Bernie:D

The wind did not seem to be much of a factor, but please note, we spent minimal time on our balcony as the weather in transit to and from Bermuda was rainy.

Tipping is a function of useage and perceived value received. We have tipped concierges and butlers commensurate with what we have asked them to do and what they did without being asked and have ranged from 50 to 200 each on a week long cruise. We have cruises where we saw our Butler at embarkation and never again as we had no requests, same with concierges. The ones that go out of their way to find a way to serve us somehow benefit from tips.

can't see the pictures, what do I have to do? I signed up for webshots.

Webshots went out of business, thus the reason you cannot see the pictures anymore. I am recreating online galleries but unable to update links here.

If there is something specific you would like to see, ask away or email me at the address in my signature below.

Edited by Zimomiller

• 5 months later...

Zimomiller,

We're cruising on the Dawn soon in room 12530, an SD Family Suite. I'm curious about the balcony size, because I've heard this room has a smaller irregular sized balcony. Do you still have the pictures you took of the Family Suite balconies from above? I'd love to see them!