booking question

nowfe3

Haven't had much luck posting but I thought I'd try again.

I am trying to book a cabin for 3 passengers on Elation out of NOLA on 7/5 and I am told that there are no more rooms available due to overbooking, but I can book 2 rooms with 2 px in each which seems to negate that. Has anyone else had that problem, and how did you resolve it? TIA

Maybe they have no more 3 person cabins left, just 2 room occupancy cabins. I don't understand the 'overbook' reference that was made, though.

You could try going to Carnival's Forums and post on Looking for Carnival Assistance board.

Good luck!

Melanie

Thanks, Melanie. I thought all 2 person cabins could accomodate a 3rd either with a pull down or a sofa bed. I could be wrong though. Trying to fit in something with my kids during the summer when I can take the time.

Thanks, Melanie. I thought all 2 person cabins could accomodate a 3rd either with a pull down or a sofa bed. I could be wrong though. Trying to fit in something with my kids during the summer when I can take the time.

I think a two person cabin is limited to two people by the coast guard. I think even if you didn't mind throwing a sleeping bag out they still couldn't do it. I know I've heard of this before but can't remember the specifics.

I think a two person cabin is limited to two people by the coast guard. I think even if you didn't mind throwing a sleeping bag out they still couldn't do it. I know I've heard of this before but can't remember the specifics.

You are correct. The Coast Guard limits the number of passengers by the capacity of the life boats. If a cabin is designed for 2 passengers, those are assigned to a life boat. If it's 3 per cabin, those are assigned to a life boat. Just as an example, the ship has four cabins that hold 2 passengers each and three cabins that hold 3 passengers each. It has one life boat that holds 17 passengers. If you put another passenger in a cabin that holds 2, one person would not have a spot in a life boat.

Maybe they have no more 3 person cabins left, just 2 room occupancy cabins. I don't understand the 'overbook' reference that was made, though.

You could try going to Carnival's Forums and post on Looking for Carnival Assistance board.

Good luck!

Melanie

Im thinking the ship has reached capacity of extra pax. When happens you cannot book more than 2 per cabin.

This ship allows rollaways, so thats what it must be. Probably a summer booking with lots of extra (3/4/5) pax booked (kids out of school).

Archived