A question taht has probably been asked a thousand time

Can you upgrade at the port when you check in? And is it a discounted rate or whatever the rate was for the room if you booked it through regular ways? My husband and I are cruising to Canada out of Boston to celebrate our 35th anniversary. Thanks!

Can you upgrade at the port when you check in? And is it a discounted rate or whatever the rate was for the room if you booked it through regular ways? My husband and I are cruising to Canada out of Boston to celebrate our 35th anniversary. Thanks!

If you'd like to upgrade just give Carnival a call and see what is available. Last cruise I was able to upgrade from a regular balcony to an aft extended balcony for not much...$120.00. It all depends on availability, and what the prices are running at that moment. Good luck. :):)

Most cruises the couple of cabins set aside, they have people at the pursers desk who are complaining about the cabins they got .. for whatever reason, and need to have them for emergencies like a cabin gets flooded or whatever.

Most cruises the couple of cabins set aside, they have people at the pursers desk who are complaining about the cabins they got .. for whatever reason, and need to have them for emergencies like a cabin gets flooded or whatever.

Makes sense...never thought about that.

Not so sure they do that. More likely they have a few no shows.

Not so sure they do that. More likely they have a few no shows.

I didnt say they put aside on purpose .. but usually they wind up with a few cabins. I know I got one beside the engines on Triumph and was told they almost never use it for passengers. I can imagine this is true and the noise was so loud we could barely hear our tv... so there are some cabins like that, that they can use if they need to.

My cabin steward was surprised to find us in that cabin, and said he usually uses it for storage (yep it was that bad). tv was green, never worked, you could tell it was a cabin they give reluctantly ..

I didnt say they put aside on purpose .. but usually they wind up with a few cabins. I know I got one beside the engines on Triumph and was told they almost never use it for passengers. I can imagine this is true and the noise was so loud we could barely hear our tv... so there are some cabins like that, that they can use if they need to.

My cabin steward was surprised to find us in that cabin, and said he usually uses it for storage (yep it was that bad). tv was green, never worked, you could tell it was a cabin they give reluctantly ..

Guess we know the reason they usually leave it empty

Guess we know the reason they usually leave it empty

You know those postcards for a FREE cruise you get if you listen to their speil. Thats how we went, and the TA for the company wanted to upsell us and I insisted on the cruise after I had paid the fees. .. reported them to the BB .. so I really think she put me there to try and make me pay for a upgrade or to get even.

I never guessed a cabin could be that bad.

Archived