Is it safe to say the new "Sunshine" ships will have these?

The Sky Loft Suite on the Allure is only $14,998 for two.

The Crown Loft Suite on the allure is only $6,998 for two.

I doubt that we will be booking one anytime soon.

Good Lord. I've never bothered to price them before, I had no idea they cost so much! That is insane! :eek::eek:

The Sky loft is awesome along with a great balcony. It's my favorite cabin on the ship.

Just stayed in SLS 1718 on Oasis and the balcony is huge, compared the neighbors CLS. Our room was bigger as well. Loved it very much. IMHO the OS is a better value than the CLS and SLS. We are staying in SLS 1720 next January though just to enjoy the aft view:D

Just stayed in SLS 1718 on Oasis and the balcony is huge, compared the neighbors CLS. Our room was bigger as well. Loved it very much. IMHO the OS is a better value than the CLS and SLS. We are staying in SLS 1720 next January though just to enjoy the aft view:D

I cannot even tell you how impressed I was that you were out and about on the ship so much despite having that cabin :p LOL. I don't feel like it would be a good idea for me to ever book one becuase I'd probalby never leave!

What I am more interested about is how Meyer Werft are going to get a ship which will likely be the same width of Freedom down the Ems. They may have to do a bit of widening of those bridges before they can get her out.

There are a few videos of the Silhouette traveling down the Ems. I've been wondering the same thing; how the size of the project will be limited by the build taking place at MW?

I cannot even tell you how impressed I was that you were out and about on the ship so much despite having that cabin :p LOL. I don't feel like it would be a good idea for me to ever book one becuase I'd probalby never leave!

Perfect size for a honeymoon?;)

I think we will see a Viking Crown similar to that of the Freedom class, with few loft suites if any. The solarium pool will be covered, the main pool area will be open. The pools will be heated like they are on Independence.

I don't think we will see any information until construction begins, so probably early 2013. Oasis was 1/3 built by the time they told us anything.

What I am more interested about is how Meyer Werft are going to get a ship which will likely be the same width of Freedom down the Ems. They may have to do a bit of widening of those bridges before they can get her out.

You have a good point, I wander why they did not go back to Turku?

And from friends who have been in one the stairs can get slippery when any moisture gets on them.

We were upgraded to a Crown Loft Suite three weeks ago on Oasis and the stairs are carpeted. They can't get "slippery."

I felt the rooms were AMAZING. Yes, there are stairs so for anyone with mobility issues, it is definitely an issue.

That said, however, the balconies were very well appointed - they were deep with two loungers and then another 2 feet or so from the end of the loungers to the balcony railing. There was also a good foot and a half from the head of the lounger (lying down) to the door of our cabin. We had cabin 1710 on Oasis and it was an ocean-facing Crown Loft Suite.

The Crown Loft Suites on our sailing were mostly unsold even a week out from our sailing. We didn't get upgraded until the Wednesday before our sailing.

The suite perks on this class of ship were amazing. We received all sorts of goodies in our room every day and the stateroom attendants were really amazing. The wide hallways were a plus as well. If money were no object, I would have a Crown Loft Suite every time I sailed.

Alas, we have to wait for the upgrade fairy to bless us with this one again :)

If anyone has any questions about the suites, let me know!

I agree, no way these ships have a central park. The fact they will be covered gives me much hope NJ will get the first one!:D I can't wait!:D

Just came back from the 9 day ExOS sailing and during the captain's corner he did clearly say that a sunshine ship was coming to bayonne but he was not able to discuss any other details about it.

But let's just wait and see if this is true

Just came back from the 9 day ExOS sailing and during the captain's corner he did clearly say that a sunshine ship was coming to bayonne but he was not able to discuss any other details about it.

But let's just wait and see if this is true

thanks for the info. Lets hope! its all true!:confused:

I finally got to see one on Oasis this past week courtesy of two of my new CC friends... simply breathtaking! The "balcony" was practically a private deck! :eek: I hesitate to even call it a "balcony." Simply incredible cabin!

They are the perfect size. We like 1720 over 1718 due to it being a little larger.

We have cruised in 1720 twice. It is a little larger than 1718. We also like the balcony overlooking the aft area. You still get the sea view also.

We have cruised in 1720 twice. It is a little larger than 1718. We also like the balcony overlooking the aft area. You still get the sea view also.

We actually used your photos as a reference to the rooms. We had 1718 on Oasis last week as it just popped up as available about 10 days before we cruised so we jumped on it. Can't wait for the aft 1720 room in January. Your pictures and peeping around the divider to see the size of the balcony confirmed my desire to book that room.

We have a CLS in a few weeks and will find hard to have a smaller balcony. We will survive;) We booked a ATS deck 9 starboard for 5 people and cannot wait to experience that room on Oasis in 2014. There was no way I could justify the cost for the RLS at almost 30,000 for 5 people. I love my in-laws but not that much.

Thanks for posting great room pictures to use as a reference.

Andrew

Archived