Upgrade Question

dcreech1966

Has anyone asked for an upgraded cabin but asked to pay less than what is stated on the ccl website? Also, if so, has anyone done this when having an online TA outside of ccl? I was thinking of calling my TA and asking them if they could call ccl and ask if I could upgrade for a said amount, lower than what's stated on the website. What are my chances??

I once called the upsell fairy's number myself and all they tried to sell me was full priced upgrades.

Its a waste of time. If they are not selling cabins well, then they will call your TA with a offer to upsell you .. until they decide to upsell your ship, dont bother calling.

What I would do is listen on your roll call, and if people are getting upsell calls, someone will mention it more than likely to discuss it .. then you know they might be calling your TA.

They dont take offers in general .. though some had luck bargaining down the upsells, but not otherwise.

I finally received an upgrade call last year for my trip on the Dream. It would have made my fare over what it was currently online. I pointed it out and they didn't even bother to counter offer. Oh well. I hope to get another and see if it pans out better the second time.

Archived