Island escape for sale

I just found this link... got 65 million to spare?

http://cruiseship.homestead.com/cruiseships.html

Yes, they have been trying to sell the old ferry for a few years now. This is the reason it keeps sailing, they can't get rid of it.

The story goes that Thomson had to take over the running of the ship as their parent company TUI owned it and the other half of Island Cruises, RCI? had pulled out.

They originally had her in the same brochure as the rest but it caused endless brand confusion so now they market her seperately.

If the Escape should escape in some way maybe they should transfer the Majesty to Island cuises and get a better ship for Thomson.

I just found this link... got 65 million to spare?

http://cruiseship.homestead.com/cruiseships.html

Yes I put it in a post the other year thinking it was new but a few posters were aware of it. Not exactly a rush to buy it . :)

And perhaps even more interestingly, on the same site - just look what else is being offered for sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cruiseship.homestead.com/MAJESTY_photos.pdf

Dont buy it Kruzseeka ! It's been stretched which is known in the car world as a "Cut n Shut " :eek: Keep yer purse closed ;):D

They would be better off just scrapping the heap of junk that it is!

I have seen similar quotes for the Destiny and when they got rid it's fair to say all hell broke loose. Thomson could do well to scrap any future plans with the Louis Shipping company (as said in other posts) for a company that has ships that would fit into what Thomson customers expect of them .:)

Yes, they have been trying to sell the old ferry for a few years now. This is the reason it keeps sailing, they can't get rid of it.

The story goes that Thomson had to take over the running of the ship as their parent company TUI owned it and the other half of Island Cruises, RCI? had pulled out.

They originally had her in the same brochure as the rest but it caused endless brand confusion so now they market her seperately.

If the Escape should escape in some way maybe they should transfer the Majesty to Island cuises and get a better ship for Thomson.

I totally agree we have just been on the Majesty and in our opinion it is 3 star cruising at 4 star prices, we stayed at a louis hotel the first week and the Louis Majesty was in the brochure in the hotel room.

Obviously Thomson have got this vessel cheap due to the Greek financial situation and are making a packet out of it.

Dont buy it Kruzseeka ! It's been stretched which is known in the car world as a "Cut n Shut " :eek: Keep yer purse closed ;):D

:D:D Don't worry - just been on the other 'cut and stretch' and have experienced first hand the problems this creates! :rolleyes:

Archived