Cove or Regular balcony

schreader

I am thinking about booking the Breeze for 2014. I need connecting balcony rooms but can't decide between a cove balcony or a regular balcony cabin. Are they the same size? I prefer a higher deck but the cove balconies look nice. Any thoughts?

I just did Magic Cove now I AM HOOKED will book these on every sailing if ship has them .:D:D:D:D

We didn't care for the cove.

2 of the 7 days we couldn't use the balcony because there was far too much spray and soaking wet.

At night there was light coming from above that leaked around the life boats. It was much like having the neighbors balcony light on all night long. I like to lay in bed and look at the stars at night, but with the light and the life boat was not able to.

It felt a little claustrophobic on the balcony with the life boat above.

We had 2277 and the following issues may only be related to this room. There was a squeaking noise in the ceiling outside our room (in the hall way). We were told there was nothing they could do about it.

When on the balcony, there were diesel odors coming from the vent.

Apparently we were just outside the ice machine so every day had that noise.

I think most people like them, but we will pass.

Thanks for the warning. I can not take the smell of diesel odors on a boat, it makes me feel ill. I have never been seasick except for a deep see fishing excursion where we were position right at the vent and the smell made me feel quite ill.

• 5 weeks later...
For those who have posted that you've been in a cove balcony cabin would you please post the cabin number and if you experienced any noise from above?

We're going to be in 2368 on the Breeze in December, which is below the galley. I've read a bunch of reports of no noise from above in this area but I'm still curious.

We will have this room in October 2013. I can't wait until you get back and give a report!

You probably will go back and forth until you try it out yourself. Like many have posted, some people love, others not so much. I'm hoping to go on the Dream or Magic next year and I think we will give them a go!

We sailed on Dream in 2010 in Cove 2289, and don't recall any noise from above. We LOVED everything about the cove balcony. Location, view of the water, larger balcony with some shade...being in the Caribbean during the summer is HOT; having some shade is a bonus.

For our upcoming Dream cruise in October, we're in 2260, which is located under the excursion desk.

If we're sailing on a Dream class ship, we will always book a cove!

We will have this room in October 2013. I can't wait until you get back and give a report!

Sounds good. I'm sure I'll have plenty of pictures and will do a full review.

For those who have posted that you've been in a cove balcony cabin would you please post the cabin number and if you experienced any noise from above?

We're going to be in 2368 on the Breeze in December, which is below the galley. I've read a bunch of reports of no noise from above in this area but I'm still curious.

We had 2349 on the Breeze and heard no noise from above. We were under the dining room. Also, we were close to the laundry, if that matters to anyone.

We liked the cove and would do it again.

I would not get a balcony on deck 6 on a Dream class ship. The lanai hot tubs are directly below some of these cabins, and you can see right in them.

We didn't care for the cove.

2 of the 7 days we couldn't use the balcony because there was far too much spray and soaking wet.

At night there was light coming from above that leaked around the life boats. It was much like having the neighbors balcony light on all night long. I like to lay in bed and look at the stars at night, but with the light and the life boat was not able to.

Just wondering, are there no curtains or blinds to block some of the light when need be?

Dream cove #2305 - no noise, but did get some spray as the seas were rough due to windy conditions.

As far as the motion, the only time I felt anything was when the ship was entering or exiting port, but otherwise I thought there was far less motion then I've experienced in the past. I chalked it up to being midship and closer to the water.

i was in a group that had 2260, 2262, 2264, 2268 & 2276 (yes skipped 2272 someone booked this cabin early early) I asked everyone and all of the cabins were quite and peacful. Except one complaint i heard was when we had rough seas 1 night the waves crashing on the bow kept this person awake some. It was an external sound to clarify and not coming from the inside. It was truley just the sea spray or whatever.. I know what she was talking about because thats what put me to sleep so fast that night :p

As far as the light coming in. No probs at night but during the day the end of the curtains had broken and made the sunlight a bit bright in the mornings.

Almost forgot the point - I think i prefer 9 or higher balconies even on this class of ship. i have been deck 9 dream and cove magic.. i think being so low limits your view and i love to look way out at the horizon. Plus on deck 2 four foot waves look huge and angry but from deck 9 the seas look calm and relaxing. But the absolute best balcony in my opinion is aft view. Of course aft wraps but they are way more $$. A LITTLE more for an aft facing balcony was worth it to me. My wife actually sunbathed on her balcony lounger and the view was panoramic!

We will be cruising on the Dream on 8-11-2012, in a Cove balcony suite. our's is under the Galley, and this is my 10th cruise and first cove. I will post bout the noise, if any, Im am going for the more private Cove balcony if you know what I mean... we have have 4 regular balcony's and 1 super extended on the Miracle.

We did the cove on the Dream and enjoyed it even tho our particular cabin was extremely noisey in the early am from activity above. I think it is something you should do once. We prefer the higher balconys because we prefer the glass railing over the steel. Plus the view is better higher up and you can see more activity on the piers and have a wider perspective lookig over the ocean. Also we book balconys next to friends or family and open up the dividers for extra space. Something you cannot do in a cove.

actually you can open the dividers in a cove.. some are weather doors and some are reg dividers.. the weather doors are not easy to leave open like the dividers.. but we managed.. seems like about every other one is a reg divider

I am thinking about booking the Breeze for 2014. I need connecting balcony rooms but can't decide between a cove balcony or a regular balcony cabin. Are they the same size? I prefer a higher deck but the cove balconies look nice. Any thoughts?

If you are looking for sunshine book a standard balcony

Coves tend to be shady and cooler as you get some upspray from the sea. Some are right underneath the life rafts so it limits any sort of sun from shining down.

If you want a larger balcony look at the Aft Extended balconies..we have one booked on the Breeze for January. Can't wait!

Archived