booking more than one cabin( guarantee)

mimi217

We are traveling with our son and family. Since they have 3 children, we will have one of them in our cabin. We have booked 2 cabins (guarantee) I know we can't pick our cabins, but what I'm wondering is will they assign cabins to us that are together or at least close. Or is it really random? Normally we wouldn't go with a guarantee, but there was such a large savings we decided to go with it. Has anyone had this situation?

Did you book the two at the same time? I ask because the three times that we've book guarantees with friends, we booked within minutes of each other and each time we were assigned rooms next to each other.

Not saying that guarantees anything, but that's been our experience...

Did this last year on the Jade and ended up 8 decks apart. One room got "upgraded" while the other stayed in the basement. At embarkation they were able to "downgrade" that room and at least get us on the same deck. And we were a family of five with 3 kids. Will never do that again.

so, you have heard somebody with a good outcome (next door) and a difficult outcome (8 decks apart)...You have decided the price difference is worth rolling the dice. I will wish you luck. fortunately, you have mature adults in each cabin, so safety will not be compriomised if you are a distance apart. and if the kids are young and get unbearably upset by separation from parents, the family can share beds or sleep on the floor. Also if you unhappy with the assignment, you might be able to pay to upgrade if cabins remain available.

Archived