Keeping in touch on the ship

graceb59

Why is this so horrible?

I find this way better than the walkie talkie setup.

Because being being on a cruise ship generally means that I won't have my ear raped by a bunch of idiots yakking on their phones, forcing me to decide whether to leave the vicinity or subject myself to one-half of a conversation.

You know, like on shore at a restaurant. Or a store. Or on the sidewalk. Or pretty much anyplace that isn't my home.

Because being being on a cruise ship generally means that I won't have my ear raped by a bunch of idiots yakking on their phones, forcing me to decide whether to leave the vicinity or subject myself to one-half of a conversation.

You know, like on shore at a restaurant. Or a store. Or on the sidewalk. Or pretty much anyplace that isn't my home.

Well hopefully you will only be surrounded by respectful passengers that feel they can converse on their cell at a normal volume as if they were speaking to the person next to them. And they put the phone to their ear instead of using the annoying speaker function that some phones seem to now have.

New technology appears to be here to stay, i guess we all have to adapt to it, since I don't see many options.

Well hopefully you will only be surrounded by respectful passengers that feel they can converse on their cell at a normal volume as if they were speaking to the person next to them. And they put the phone to their ear instead of using the annoying speaker function that some phones seem to now have.

New technology appears to be here to stay, i guess we all have to adapt to it, since I don't see many options.

That's pretty funny stuff.

That's pretty funny stuff.

:D :D Well at least give me "e" for effort. ;)

I own and use a cell (old flip phone) for emergencies but I have rule at my house. Check your cell at the door, pick it up on your way out. So I certainly wasn't disagreeing with your initial post.

:D :D Well at least give me "e" for effort. ;)

I own and use a cell (old flip phone) for emergencies but I have rule at my house. Check your cell at the door, pick it up on your way out. So I certainly wasn't disagreeing with your initial post.

We would get along. My patience with the cel phone crowd wears thin.

We would get along. My patience with the cel phone crowd wears thin.

In some ways its getting better. Many people choose to text more and that is much less annoying than having someone chatting away for the world to hear. Hopefully they have the ringer down so you don't have to hear it every 30 seconds.

In some ways its getting better. Many people choose to text more and that is much less annoying than having someone chatting away for the world to hear. Hopefully they have the ringer down so you don't have to hear it every 30 seconds.

Cell phone etiquette in my opinion is not improving at all but possibly getting worse. The text messages still come in with ludicrous rings. And because of the numerous back and forth texts, the rings are continuous instead of just one phonecall ring. Not to mention most have their emails & FB messages coming in on their "intellegent :eek:" phones as well. All disturbing to those around them, because most have their ring volumes set high so they hear them anywhere and can get them immediately. Have you ever tried to carry on a conversation with someone that continually was receiving and sending texts messages. I'll take a loud chatter over those annoying rings every 30 seconds.

Let's just hope NCL has a reminder to those using the apps, to please consider those around you.

Nope.

I see lotsa people sitting at a dinner table with that phone right next to their hand and constantly stopping to play with the phone. Seeing a couple at a restaurant dinner while they both play with a phone is frightening.

Put the phone away and have a life. My parents worked to put 12 guys into the most exclusive club in history while raising four kids who didn't wind up being a drain on society and they did it without cel phones nor answering machines or diet pop. This notion that people need to constantly be in contact and to instantly respond to inanity is leaving us a generation of disfunctional wussies.

Archived