Blu Menus

crazygirl!

Thanks for posting the menus. It's been a while since we sailed Aqua Class. They do have some unusual entrees and a few nights my DW (and me frankly) had trouble finding an entree. I know you can get a steak or chicken or fish each night, but we decided to go with the MDR and we like their menu better.

Thanks for doing this. Did you dine in Blu? Any recommendations?

Yes, I did. I have to say that I was impressed with how nicely the fish was cooked - not at all overdone and dry like I often find when ordering fish in the MDR. I also really liked the short ribs, which were super tender and flavorful. However, my absolute favorite was eating breakfast in Blu. I will post some food photos as soon as I get a chance.

Yes, I did. I have to say that I was impressed with how nicely the fish was cooked - not at all overdone and dry like I often find when ordering fish in the MDR. I also really liked the short ribs, which were super tender and flavorful. However, my absolute favorite was eating breakfast in Blu. I will post some food photos as soon as I get a chance.

Perfect! I eat fish or vegetarian meals most of the time, so this is a good thing!! Would love to see your photos.

Did you by chance order wine in Blu? We are debating on rather to purchase a wine package or not and our deciding factor, at this point, is the wine list in Blu (since this is where we will be eating). Do you know if it is the same as the MDR?

Thanks again.

Hey Crazygirl, it's Aeegee from the May 12th cruise. We have a cute picture of you that Bob took when we were entering the harbor in Lisbon. I think we were on the deck above you coming into port.

It was great meeting you at the Connections Parties. It was a great cruise and thanks for posting the pictures of the menu for Blu. It's always good for people to see things beforehand.

Glad you made it home safety.

Jeanne & Bob

The wine list in Blu is the same as the MDR.

Some hints on Blu....although not on the menu, they always have the wonderful onion soup that they serve in the MDR which is excellent (although admittedly a bit salty). They also have corned beef hash for breakfast which isn't on the menu..

The only thing I found that they said they couldn't make/serve was hollandaise sauce for eggs benedict....so the next day I went to the buffet for breakfast and was among the worst hollandaise sauces I've ever been served. I think Blu was trying to save me :)

The wine list in Blu is the same as the MDR.

Some hints on Blu....although not on the menu, they always have the wonderful onion soup that they serve in the MDR which is excellent (although admittedly a bit salty). They also have corned beef hash for breakfast which isn't on the menu..

The only thing I found that they said they couldn't make/serve was hollandaise sauce for eggs benedict....so the next day I went to the buffet for breakfast and was among the worst hollandaise sauces I've ever been served. I think Blu was trying to save me :)

Last time we ate in Blu (AQ) I also wanted Eggs Benedict. They apologized they could not make it THAT morning becuase they did not have all the ingredients it required. But they told me if I came back to breakfast the next morning, they would make it for me. I did...and it was EXCELLENT!:D

Perfect! I eat fish or vegetarian meals most of the time, so this is a good thing!! Would love to see your photos.

Did you by chance order wine in Blu? We are debating on rather to purchase a wine package or not and our deciding factor, at this point, is the wine list in Blu (since this is where we will be eating). Do you know if it is the same as the MDR?

Thanks again.

I think the wine list is pretty much the same, maybe a few different wines. I'm sure that if there is something particular you want they will get it for you. Everyone in Blu really wants to make you happy.

Do you recall which nights menus were "Formal Nights". Our sailing has a different itinerary but still 3 formal nights ...so trying to determine which nights we might try other dining venues.

Yes, formal nights were #2, #9 and #13.

Hey Crazygirl, it's Aeegee from the May 12th cruise. We have a cute picture of you that Bob took when we were entering the harbor in Lisbon. I think we were on the deck above you coming into port.

It was great meeting you at the Connections Parties. It was a great cruise and thanks for posting the pictures of the menu for Blu. It's always good for people to see things beforehand.

Glad you made it home safety.

Jeanne & Bob

Helllloooo!!! I remember when he took that picture :) We all had a great time, didn't we? What a fun group! I'm glad you made it home safely as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Crazy Girl for posting the Blu menus. Looks like there's plenty there for me, but my husband is such a fuzzy eater, think he'll have to stick to steak or grilled chicken. I'm not sure which resturant will be best for him, as he only like plain simple food.

Can't wait.

Thanks Crazy Girl for posting the Blu menus. Looks like there's plenty there for me, but my husband is such a fuzzy eater, think he'll have to stick to steak or grilled chicken. I'm not sure which resturant will be best for him, as he only like plain simple food.

Can't wait.

We dined in Blu on the Equinox in May with a few picky eaters in our group. The always available steak and chicken breast were delicious. The blue cheese souffle the first night was fantastic We were travelling with a meat and potatoes person and he was happy with Blu. The service is fabulous and we had a wonderful sommelier in Ana.

• 3 weeks later...

We will be on the Summit cruising to Bermuda this summer. Just wondering how early the Blu and MDR menus will be posted? Will we be able to make a choice as to which menu we prefer and still be able to get a reservation in Blu? Or do reservations for Blu need to be made earlier in the cruise?

Diane

We will be on the Summit cruising to Bermuda this summer. Just wondering how early the Blu and MDR menus will be posted? Will we be able to make a choice as to which menu we prefer and still be able to get a reservation in Blu? Or do reservations for Blu need to be made earlier in the cruise?

Diane

I have read reports from people who ate in Blu on Summit that they were able to order off the MDR menu in Blu.....best of both worlds:)

Archived