Can anyone tell me what nights are

bling19572010

Never embarkation day or the night before disembarkation. Formal night is usually the first sea day and another sea day later in the itinerary. If there isn't another sea day, it'll be a day when the ship sails from port earlier.

In March, it was the first sea day and the St Thomas day when we left port at 4pm. I just checked my Patters to confirm this was right. So, Tuesday and Thursday

Thanks so much 5326jan!!!

Do you mind sharing with me what excursions you did while in the ports? Also, did you do the Chefs Table and Ultimate Balcony Dining? If so, how were they? And what were the fees?

Also, did you make a reservation at the Sanctuary? If you did, were the reservations hard to get? Any tips on what time we would need to get to the sanctuary to reserve 2 loungers?

Thank you in advance for any information you want to share!!

Thanks so much 5326jan!!!

Do you mind sharing with me what excursions you did while in the ports? Also, did you do the Chefs Table and Ultimate Balcony Dining? If so, how were they? And what were the fees?

Also, did you make a reservation at the Sanctuary? If you did, were the reservations hard to get? Any tips on what time we would need to get to the sanctuary to reserve 2 loungers?

Thank you in advance for any information you want to share!!

Hi, My DH had just had open heart surgery 3 weeks before this trip so we didn't do too much. (He is 61, thin and very physically fit, so we were very surprised that he needed a quintuple by-pass!) Luckily, he was feeling well enough to snorkel, so we did the Trunk Bay trip to St John. We were a little disappointed in the excursion, but in fairness, the water was a little rough so the sand was churned up a bit. It was a nice ride over though.

In St Maartin, we just walked around and in Grand Turk we were supposed to have rented a golf cart, but it was broken so we got a jeep instead and drove around the island. That didn't take long!:rolleyes:

On Princess Cays we got a clam shell and just relaxed on the beach.

We didn't do the Chef's Table as I don't eat seafood and the chef's table meals are usually heavy on seafood...as they should be on a ship! Although we had a Caribe balcony, we didn't do the balcony dining either. We never had any trouble finding a lounger around the ship, so we didn't feel the need to use the Sanctuary. In fact, we've never used it on any cruise.

Our cruise was over Spring Break, so there were a large number of young people on the ship. It still never felt crowded.

I've got all the Patters so if you have other questions, ask away!

If your planning on using the Sanctuary on the sea days only it can get filled up very early. They don't take reservations until 8am for the whole day but people may line up at 6:30 in the morning for spots. Princess only allows so many to be reserved for the week and keeps a % open for daily use. My experience on the Crown was about two thirds were open for daily reservations.

Have a great time on your cruise.

If your planning on using the Sanctuary on the sea days only it can get filled up very early. They don't take reservations until 8am for the whole day but people may line up at 6:30 in the morning for spots. Princess only allows so many to be reserved for the week and keeps a % open for daily use. My experience on the Crown was about two thirds were open for daily reservations.

Have a great time on your cruise.

Good to know Jim! Thank you.

Hi, My DH had just had open heart surgery 3 weeks before this trip so we didn't do too much. (He is 61, thin and very physically fit, so we were very surprised that he needed a quintuple by-pass!) Luckily, he was feeling well enough to snorkel, so we did the Trunk Bay trip to St John. We were a little disappointed in the excursion, but in fairness, the water was a little rough so the sand was churned up a bit. It was a nice ride over though.

In St Maartin, we just walked around and in Grand Turk we were supposed to have rented a golf cart, but it was broken so we got a jeep instead and drove around the island. That didn't take long!:rolleyes:

On Princess Cays we got a clam shell and just relaxed on the beach.

We didn't do the Chef's Table as I don't eat seafood and the chef's table meals are usually heavy on seafood...as they should be on a ship! Although we had a Caribe balcony, we didn't do the balcony dining either. We never had any trouble finding a lounger around the ship, so we didn't feel the need to use the Sanctuary. In fact, we've never used it on any cruise.

Our cruise was over Spring Break, so there were a large number of young people on the ship. It still never felt crowded.

I've got all the Patters so if you have other questions, ask away!

Thank you so much 5326jan! Okay...more questions!:)

1) Did you do anytime dining or traditional? If you did ATD did you have to wait very long to get a table?

2) I've read where the clamshells can get really hot and stuffy....did you find this to be a problem? How do you reserve the clamshells and was it worth the cost to have one? Did you walk around Princess Cays? Any good spots to go/see?

3) Did you rent from Nathan's Golf Carts? Did you stop at any of the beaches on Grand Turk? If you did, which one was your favorite? We are thinking about also renting a golf cart. How long does it take to go around the island? Was it difficult to drive on the left side of the road?

4) How was the entertainment on the ship?

Any tips for me? This is my first sailing on Princess.

Thank you so much for allowing me to "ask away"!!

Archived