Early Saver Name Change

shandora

Can someone please help me?? I wanted to switch a name on one of our cabins. We are booked early saver so I can't do it online. I called CCL and talked to someone and I'm still confused. She said that it would be $50 to switch the name but also mentioned a $200 future cruise credit. Does this mean that we will be charged the full $250 deposit and then have the $200 applied? What I really want to know is what exactly is going to be charged to my credit card if I make the name switch. Thanks in advance for the help. This is our first time cruising with Carnival so this is all new.

If you are booked Early Saver one of the restrictions is that there are no cancellations or name changes. If you do cancel a passenger that person would forfeit $50 of their $250 deposit and the remaining $200 will be held as a credit for a future cruise (must be used within two years).

Only Early Saver has this restriction. Other fare codes such as Fun Saver or Past Guest do not have that restriction. It sounds like whoever placed your booking did not explain this to you.

The only time I've heard that Carnival has allowed name changes is when it is to correct a mistake (e.g. they had an incorrectly spelled name for the person sailing), and even then some people have reported that they got dinged for the $50.

But what confused me was that she said she would allow the name change because we were not in the penalty stage.

If you were in penalty phase they would lose their entire deposit, not just the $50 fee for cancelling and the rest of their deposit held as a future credit.

Once you hit final payment standard cancellation penalties apply.

Almost any other rate for $50 you can do a name change until the ship sails, even after final payment.

So what she was probably going to do was cancel the one person and then add the new one. So the loss would be the $50 cancellation fee. So will the new person have to pay the $250 deposit again?

Thanks for all the help!

So what she was probably going to do was cancel the one person and then add the new one. So the loss would be the $50 cancellation fee. So will the new person have to pay the $250 deposit again?

Thanks for all the help!

yes, the deposit for the person who is cancelling is held for 2 years, minus the $50 fee in the name of the person who cancelled.

It will be like a new booking at this point and you add the new pax who yes pays their entire deposit. (assuming you are still before final payment)

Archived