Attaching luggage tags printed from Computer?

lizjoemom

You can also just get a roll of clear contact paper from Wal-mart and use that like laminating. Just cut out the size you need and put the tags on the sheet and put another sheet on the back side. Then all you have to do is cut the tags out. Really easy and cheap!

We laminate the entire tag and then staple and wrap around the handle.

We also bring extras just in case it falls off from the pre-cruise flight.

We do the exact same thing.

Just wondering how you all attach the paper printed luggage tags? This is the first time that we are printing our luggage tags, we usually get them from the cruise co. Any suggestions?

This whole thing is ridiculous and sounds like CCL just being cheap. I'm trying to figure out how to do this without ANY trouble OR loss of luggage OR new purchase OR having to carry a stapler because I clearly can't put paper tags on before a flight.

C'mon Carnival... Sending tags was much better for your customers. :confused:

Mindy

This whole thing is ridiculous and sounds like CCL just being cheap. I'm trying to figure out how to do this without ANY trouble OR loss of luggage OR new purchase OR having to carry a stapler because I clearly can't put paper tags on before a flight.

C'mon Carnival... Sending tags was much better for your customers. :confused:

Mindy

Yeah it does seem like a pain if you fly.

Ahhhh the joys of living in Florida I drive to every port...unless I think I will ever go on an Alaskan cruise....hmmm.:cool:

A clever idea:

How about trimming, or folding, the tags and putting them in a luggage tag holder?:p

http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Tag-Holders-Set/dp/B005DFO530/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1338986760&sr=8-4

Same item, fraction of the price: Search favors by serendipity and then search luggage tags.

I haven't personally used them, but have friends that have. For myself, printing luggage tags, taping them up and all that jazz is just part of my "ritual". I too punch a hole and use a zip tie, but wait till the morning of the cruise... airlines will sometimes remove excess tags so that they don't have a bunch of extra stuff to deal with.

ETA: I also carry a small nail clipper in the front pocket of my luggage to remove the zip tied tags after the cruise, before my return flight.

Just wondering how you all attach the paper printed luggage tags? This is the first time that we are printing our luggage tags, we usually get them from the cruise co. Any suggestions?

My wife laminated our luggage tags and then used zip ties to attach them to our bags, worked perfectly.

On our last cruise we saw 2 or 3 tags blowing across the front of the terminal before they even made it to where you drop off your luggage.....:eek:......don't know how these people ever got their luggage!!

I would strongly recommend either laminating or covering with packing tape to make them more durable and then put them on with a zip tie.

I also put an extra luggage tag "inside" my luggage just in case, so they will know who it belongs to should my tag come off somewhere along the way.

Happy Sailing!!!

The estra on the inside is a great idea. I never thought about that. Thanks.

I fold them as indicated, sharpie our name on it, then laminate with a strip of packing tape. I use a hole punch on the bottom of each end, fold over and adhere to handle of suitcase with a ziptie.

Exactly what we do! :D

We bought the cruise luggage tag holders from Favors By Serendipty a couple of years ago and have used them on every cruise. Work perfect. They were less than $2.00 including postage at the time. I worried they might get brittle or open on the sides, but we have been on 5 cruises with the original ones.

• 3 weeks later...

Last cruise I did the 'laminate' with packing tape/zip tie thing and one of my tags still came off! I'm still not sure how that happened because I couldn't get the one off our other bags (I tried just to see how hard it would be) at all!!! I had to cut them off!

I'm not sure how they got my bag to me because I had only put one tag on the bag - next time I'll use 2 and put one inside also.

OR - I'll get some of these. :D

Same item, fraction of the price: Search favors by serendipity and then search luggage tags.

I haven't personally used them, but have friends that have. For myself, printing luggage tags, taping them up and all that jazz is just part of my "ritual". I too punch a hole and use a zip tie, but wait till the morning of the cruise... airlines will sometimes remove excess tags so that they don't have a bunch of extra stuff to deal with.

ETA: I also carry a small nail clipper in the front pocket of my luggage to remove the zip tied tags after the cruise, before my return flight.

Thank you for sharing this! I will buy these for our next cruise. Last time (our first cruise) I did just staple them & had no problems but we drove to/from the port. We're flying to FL for our next cruise so these will be needed, didn't even think about some of the issues posted here happening to paper luggage tags for some reason. LOVE Cruise Critiic!

We just print them...

fold them....

apply one strip of clear packaging tape (in case it is raining so the print does not smear)

staple them on.

done!! woo hoo

One other tip...that I actually got from a porter...put ONE staple close to the handle to keep the tag from being easy caught on something and ripped off.

You can go to Staples and buy a pack of

laminate luggage tags. You will have to

shrink the luggage tags when you print

them out a little bit. If you don't own a

laminator, you can use an iron. Just put

a sheet of paper between the iron and

the luggage tags. The pack will have

plastic ties for the luggage.

Nice tip did not know that! It seems like once a day i learn something new on CC. Thank you for my tip of the day!:D

This is what we do and it has worked great every time.

1. Print luggage tags

2. Fill out laggage tags

3. Take luggage tags to Office Depot, Staples etc. and get them laminated.

4. Use a hole punch to make a hole on each end.

5. Wrap it around handle of luggage and attach with zip tie.

This works GREAT ... Have done it several times.

Too much work. We get a couple from the porters at the pier and fill them out than.

Not going to worry about paper ones falling off or ripping.

Agree! To many on here turn this into a crafts project!

FOLD STAPLE LAMINATE PUNCH BEDAZZLE DECOUPAGE

We always take them to our UPS store. They will :)laminate them, punch holes and give you strudy plastic ties.

The price is right.

I print them out and follow the instructions on the luggage tag.

If you dont have a stapler, just use what is left over from your airline luggage receipt lable to attach it to your bag after you land.

WORKS EVERY TIME! :D

I fold them as indicated, sharpie our name on it, then laminate with a strip of packing tape. I use a hole punch on the bottom of each end, fold over and adhere to handle of suitcase with a ziptie.

We just did the same thing and it worked great. No problems. We printed extra copies and put one in the outside pocket of the suitcase.

We never check our bags when we fly, but I don't see the need to attach the tags to the bags before you even board your flight... they just get in the way.

I place all of my printed cruise documents in plastic pocket folders in a small 3-ring floppy binder. I fill out the luggage tags and fold them as instructed and put them with the cruise documents in the binder. When we arrive at the port, I pull out my boarding pass and the luggage tags. All of the porters have staplers and know how to staple the tag so that it doesn't easily get pulled off. Hand the porter your bag, he'll attach the luggage tag, tip him, and you're off!!!

I'm not about to spend $$$ and time laminating a piece of paper for no reason. I understand if you want to keep it for a souvenir.

If you do want a souvenir, the porters have colorful tags in their pockets and Sharpies to boot. You can just fill one of those out when you arrive. (I did this once because I forgot to pull out the luggage tags when we arrived at the port and it was just easier then digging them out of my bag.)

A clever idea:

How about trimming, or folding, the tags and putting them in a luggage tag holder?:p

http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Tag-Holders-Set/dp/B005DFO530/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1338986760&sr=8-4

they are available cheaper at the vendor's web site (this board does not let me post the url for the vendor's website :( )

1. Use a photoshop program to enter our name on the tag (my handwritiing is atrocious);

2. Print them on colored paper (I am visually oriented);

3. Trim them and fold in half;

4. Take to office supply store about two blocks from home;

5. Laminate three or four (that is how many fit on one laminate sheet);

6. Trim, and punch a hole at one end;

7. Attach with zip tie; and

8. SAVE IT ALL - WHEN WE ARE DONE WE HAVE A "BOOKMARK" SOUVENIR

Archived