Attaching luggage tags printed from Computer?

lizjoemom

Just wondering how you all attach the paper printed luggage tags? This is the first time that we are printing our luggage tags, we usually get them from the cruise co. Any suggestions?

I fold them as indicated, sharpie our name on it, then laminate with a strip of packing tape. I use a hole punch on the bottom of each end, fold over and adhere to handle of suitcase with a ziptie.

You can go to Staples and buy a pack of

laminate luggage tags. You will have to

shrink the luggage tags when you print

them out a little bit. If you don't own a

laminator, you can use an iron. Just put

a sheet of paper between the iron and

the luggage tags. The pack will have

plastic ties for the luggage.

You can go to Staples and buy a pack of

laminate luggage tags. You will have to

shrink the luggage tags when you print

them out a little bit. If you don't own a

laminator, you can use an iron. Just put

a sheet of paper between the iron and

the luggage tags. The pack will have

plastic ties for the luggage.

Thats too much work!

This is what we do and it has worked great every time.

1. Print luggage tags

2. Fill out laggage tags

3. Take luggage tags to Office Depot, Staples etc. and get them laminated.

4. Use a hole punch to make a hole on each end.

5. Wrap it around handle of luggage and attach with zip tie.

We've made our own tags by printing, folding, laminating with clear package tap and then punching a hole. At the pier, we would attach to our luggage with a zip tie.

Now we're getting lazy. We've bought cruise luggage tag holders from Amazon. They look like they will last a long time. We'll use these on the next cruise.

We laminate the entire tag and then staple and wrap around the handle.

We also bring extras just in case it falls off from the pre-cruise flight.

We do the same. In the last 4 cruises where we printed our own tags, they have arrived at the airport with the tags in pretty good shape. We do take extras just in case they get destroyed on the flight.

We put them on before we fly because it is easier to know our final destination if our luggage is not on the same plane as us.

On our cruise last October I was excited as it was my second cruise so of course I made a big deal with the luggage tags because I wanted to be semi crafty.

I printed the tags out in color and filled them out and folded them as per the instructions that print with them. From a poster on this website I got the self laminating sheets from walmart and laminated them. Dug out my old school one hole hand punch and punched a hole at the end. I then put those individual binder rings on them and then attached that to the luggage. I found the binder rings also at Walmart in a box of 10 for 1.88 various sizes.

Again I did all that because it was a fun pre cruise thing for me to do and I didn't mind the work....;) There were only two of us no kids so not much luggage.

fold & staple, making sure the bar codes are readable-- no tape needed

On our last cruise we saw 2 or 3 tags blowing across the front of the terminal before they even made it to where you drop off your luggage.....:eek:......don't know how these people ever got their luggage!!

I would strongly recommend either laminating or covering with packing tape to make them more durable and then put them on with a zip tie.

I also put an extra luggage tag "inside" my luggage just in case, so they will know who it belongs to should my tag come off somewhere along the way.

Happy Sailing!!!

color print (or on colored cardstock), self-laminate, hole punch, use electric ties to attach to luggage...always carry an extra set and do not attach until headed to the port

Archived