Lobster...

We had no Lobster on our cruise from Italy. We were told they did not do lobster on the European trips. Not sure if that is the case or not, but we missed having it on our trip.

We were told the same thing and had no lobster on our Eastern Med. cruise (10 nights). This was 3 years ago.:)

Actually, I could not care less if they serve that critter that they call a lobster or not.

You got that right, Ocean Boy! Although, I have to say on our last two Carib. cruises in This past Feb. and Apr. we had "real" lobster tail. The waiter said they were from Canada. I know for sure they were not those other critters because DH is a marine/fisheries biologist born and raised in New England, and he was certain that the lobster we had was cold water lobster.:)

No lobsters on our 12 night Baltic cruise on the Jewel a couple of weeks ago. It doesn't bother me though because I'm allergic to them. :) As another poster noted, you could order one in the MDR for an extra charge.

No lobsters on our 12 night Baltic cruise on the Jewel a couple of weeks ago. It doesn't bother me though because I'm allergic to them. :) As another poster noted, you could order one in the MDR for an extra charge.

Yeah, at $24.95!:eek: Considering what it costs to dine in a specialty restaurant and get an entire reasonable dining experience, the cost of that lobster just seems very out of line.

I wasnt calling anyone out personally I dont think? That "slang" term is used here MANY times i have seen when referring to wine, balconies or many other things.

My apologies :o

It just never fails around here that anytime lobster is brought up on this board, people from the Northeast have to chime in and say how bad the lobster served on the ship sucks and how cheap they can get REAL lobster at home. Kind of "snobbish" acting to me but I digress :o Some people actually look forward to that warm water critter and enjoy it. I just dont see the point in "raining on their parade" is all.

Again, my apologies to anyone i might have offended.

No offense taken. Just realize that posts around here sort of "rain on other people's parades" all the time Ryan. People will post about how they are looking forward to such and such on their upcoming cruise and someone will chime in with something like... I thought that was very poorly done when I was on the ship... or.... how can something like that be important to you.... Or someone will post about how excited they are about a cruise that they just booked and someone pipes in with.... I hate that ship. The crew stinks and the ship is poorly maintained. Or how about.... I hate sailing out of San Juan because there are too many Puerto Ricans on the ship.

I'm just saying it happens all the time around here. Don't get so fixated on the "lobster" threads.

Archived