Blu and Main Dining Room

cookie1961

Hi everyone,

DH and I are trying to figure out our 25th anniversary cruise. Summit next winter is one of our main contenders:) We are also looking at Carnival Glory. We've only been on Royal and Celebrity so we are a bit worried about it.

We have a question about Aqua class and dining options. If we book Aqua class, would we be allowed to eat dinner in the Main Dining Room with anytime dining on nights we wanted to or would we be required to have dinner in Blu every night?

One more question: Do CC and Aqua class both get an extra credit for a 7 night cruise? I can't seem to locate these perks.

Thanks so much everyone :)

Yes, you will get an extra Captain's Club point when booking CC or AQ.

As far as I know you can eat in the MDR in "Select Dining" if there's room for you at the evening you want to go. As "Select Dining" is very popular, there might be waiting times especially on formal nights as we have noted that people then tend to sit longer = less free tables! I'm sure they will try to accomodate you but you might run a slight risk of being turned away or asked to come back at a later time.

As "Blu" is such a great experience - more intimate seating, great waiters, lovely menus - we never felt the inclination to ask to eat in the MDR even we we sometimes had a peek at the menu.

Happy anniversary cruise!

we also wondered if we could eat in the MDR instead of Blu but after the first night in Blu we knew we wanted to eat there every night. As the previous poster said, the staff, the atmosphere etc are so wonderful in Blu that it is a truly great dining experience.

One of the biggest differences between blu and the MDR is the quiet atmosphere in Blu. You can actually talk to your tablemate and, if you choose, to the folks at the next table in a normal voice. There is not a madhouse of waiters coming from the kitchen with huge platters of food, busboys clearing tables, etc etc. You'll also find that the food is served hot since it hasn't been sitting anywhere....and the service is far better when you need something.

My guess is that you'll try blu, perhaps try the MDR on night 2 or 3 and never return there again when you realize the difference Blu makes.

The hubby and I recently did a pair of B2B cruises in Aqua Class recently. We were so happy with Blu that we will most likely never return to the MDR again. As prior posters have noted, not only is the food served hot, it is a very quiet atmosphere. Since the tables for two are fairly close together we were able to meet so many fellow passengers. Our cabin was one of the new Aqua Class cabins on deck 11 on the Infinity, and it seemed that Blu created a neighborhood on deck 11. After chatting with someone during a meal, we began chatting again when we ran into them in the hallway.

The hubby and I recently did a pair of B2B cruises in Aqua Class recently. We were so happy with Blu that we will most likely never return to the MDR again. As prior posters have noted, not only is the food served hot, it is a very quiet atmosphere. Since the tables for two are fairly close together we were able to meet so many fellow passengers. Our cabin was one of the new Aqua Class cabins on deck 11 on the Infinity, and it seemed that Blu created a neighborhood on deck 11. After chatting with someone during a meal, we began chatting again when we ran into them in the hallway.

you are so right, we met wonderful people in Blu and often ran into the same people around the ship or in the ports. We also loved that you met all the wait staff, the maitre'ds, the sommeliers and they all got to know our names and we theirs. It was like having a team of people look after you but in a good way, not obtrusive. We are on the Silhouette again in Sept 2013 but not Aqua Class as there are a few of us and with 3 in one cabin we can't do Aqua. I know I will miss it in Blu but there is always next time!

I'm so glad to read the wonderfully positive reviews of BLU! I much prefer quiet, pretty, friendlier and healthier! The 'community' aspect is appealing to me, too!

I'm booked in 1123 - has anyone stayed in this AQ room on INFINITY? I'll be on the 6.22 sailing. :)

Hi everyone,

DH and I are trying to figure out our 25th anniversary cruise. Summit next winter is one of our main contenders:) We are also looking at Carnival Glory. We've only been on Royal and Celebrity so we are a bit worried about it.

We have a question about Aqua class and dining options. If we book Aqua class, would we be allowed to eat dinner in the Main Dining Room with anytime dining on nights we wanted to or would we be required to have dinner in Blu every night?

One more question: Do CC and Aqua class both get an extra credit for a 7 night cruise? I can't seem to locate these perks.

Although Blu replaces the dining room for AQ guests, you may eat in the Select Dining portion on a space available basis.

Hi everyone,

I've been on the Glory. It was ok.....It's not as retro fitted as the newer ships, though....The Glory has a Specialty Dining Room (a Steakhouse...).

Archived