What Happens If

tiffy0428

1. You would pay single supplement for dd - that's if she was even old enough to stay in cabin by herself under CCL's rules.

2. You could move her into someone else's cabin, making a triple or quad, if a bed is available.

3. You could get someone to take the other adult's place on the cruise.

We have 13 cabins on Conquest. My daughter is booked with another adult, what happens if that adult cancel what would happen to my daughter?

If you are in a cabin that hold 3 you can put her in yours. But if you're not then maybe if one is open you can switch. Or you can put her in another adult's cabin if they are in a room that allows.

If she is over 21, and would like to keep the cabin as a single, she will pay the single supplement which can be as much as 150% of the fare. Check with your TA on how that works. If that is not an option, she will have to be moved to another of your cabins as a 3rd or 4th passenger if space allows.

There are some specific rules regarding the booking of a guest under 21. Depends on the circumstances, relationships, age of child, cabin location to your cabin, etc.

Your travel agent or whoever booked this should find out the details for you, this is not your job. But it could be a problem at embarkation, so take care of it, and do not rely on anything you read in this board.

I thought that minors could stay in a cabin by themselves if their parents had a cabin next door or across the hall?

I think it might parents booking 2 cabins, 1 each with a child then letting the kids have one cabin then the parents having the other, no pun intended.

2.10 Reservations may only be made by a person aged 21 or over. Passengers under the age of 21 years must be accompanied by and share a stateroom with a parent, grandparent or legal guardian of 25 years or older. Proof of guardianship may be required. Adult passengers are responsible for the welfare, safety and behaviour of their minor guests at all times during the Holiday. Infants must be at least 6 months old on the departure date in order to be eligible to travel, except that for some cruises (e.g. transatlantic), the minimum age for infants is more than 6 months (please check with SeaVacations at the time of making your reservation).

Thanks for all the nresponses , I don't think it's going to happen however with the cruise 2 months away anything is possible. I wonder if you had 2 adults in a room with four kids could you move one of the adults over to be with the child. My daughter is only 6.

I think it might parents booking 2 cabins, 1 each with a child then letting the kids have one cabin then the parents having the other, no pun intended.

You can book children into their own cabin. Last year on the Liberty, my 18 yo DD and 16 yo DS were booked into their own cabin. DD had to be within 5 doors of ours but DS had to be within 3 doors. Either way, we had them right across the hall and no need for name switching at embarkation.

Archived