Horseshoe Bay Beach trip or Royal Navelyard Beach

JILLYJILLM

Hey- Will I find that the Horseshoe Bay beach experience to be crowded and not worth the RCI excersion price?

OR will the Royal Navalyard be too crowded and not quite the great beach experience I'm hoping for in Bermuda?

First of all Horseshoe Bay is beautiful. They have chair and umbrella rentals available along with bathroom facilities. Snorkel Park, which I believe you are referring to is much smaller but in walking distance to the ships docked at Kings Wharf. No comparison between the two beaches.

Public transportation is an easy and inexpensive way to get around Bermuda. Three day unlimited pass which includes the watertaxis is $28. From Kings Wharf I believe bus 7 takes you to Horsehoe Bay, about a 25 minute ride.

Always purchased the transportation pass. It is good for the bus and the ferry as well. If you are there for the three days, I would say to do a two day pass and then stick around the Dockyard on the third day to be sure you are close to the ship. The two day pass was $20 last fall and I think it is the same this summer. There is usually an express bus #7 sitting on the pier that goes right to Horseshoe and dosen't make all the stops along the way. Grab that one and you are there before you know it. Make sure you get to Horseshoe it is the most gorgeous beach. You can walk along the water and cliffs and tour several beach all in a row. It is the real Bermuda experience.

THANKS! Whee do you purchase the 28$ transit passes?

Transportation passes can be purchased at the Visitor Information Center. There are 3 located where you'll be docked (Dockyard). Each wharf has one and the third is located near the ferry dock.

Hey- Will I find that the Horseshoe Bay beach experience to be crowded and not worth the RCI excersion price?

OR will the Royal Navalyard be too crowded and not quite the great beach experience I'm hoping for in Bermuda?

Since Horseshoe Bay is just a bus ride away, IMHO, it would not be worth the RCI excursion price; plus if you DIY, you can determine when to go, return and length of stay and not be hemmed in by the excursion schedule. As for crowding at HSB, just walk northeast from HSB to find your own deserted cove.

As for the beach experience at 'the Royal Navalyard', you will be disappointed with that because you'll be spending your time at Snorkel Park which is a man made beach and is atypical of the beaches to be bound in Bermuda. You won't get pick sand between your toes at SP.

SBtS

Archived