Alaska a Picture Review -May 30 to June 6th

cio541

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures! We are heading to Alaska in a little over a month (not on Carnival) and can't wait :D

Hope you have a great cruise! We had such wonderful weather I hope it is that nice for you!

Thanks for the compliment on our photos :)

Thank you so much for sharing the beautiful pictures!!

I appreciated your comments about the long excursion in Skagway. We are traveling with my 80+ yo parents, and I think the "extended" version of this excursion will just be too much. We'll probably stick with just the rail portion.

Feel free to post more pictures....lots and lots more pictures...:D

I had a B2B AK cruise booked on the Spirit a few years ago. I researched this cruise more than I have ever researched anything in my life! Since we live 20 minutes from the Manhattan cruise terminal, we always cruise whatever CCL ship is here at the time and go wherever she is going! :p So this was a BIG DEAL for me/us. I lived and breathed this Alaska cruise. Then we had a severe financial setback and had to cancel it. We are very very lucky that everything is okay and that we have still been able to cruise from Manhattan to the Caribbean, but I know I will probably never get to Alaska. So I truly drink up anyone's reviews and pictures and am an EXPERT on them if I do say so! ;) Your pictures are probably the BEST pictures I have ever seen. You captured everything so brilliantly that I **almost** feel like I was there. Lucky you had such amazing weather. Thank you for sharing these outstanding pictures with us. You could almost publish a book and/or make up postcards!!! :cool: Happy cruising to you!

I had a B2B AK cruise booked on the Spirit a few years ago. I researched this cruise more than I have ever researched anything in my life! Since we live 20 minutes from the Manhattan cruise terminal, we always cruise whatever CCL ship is here at the time and go wherever she is going! :p So this was a BIG DEAL for me/us. I lived and breathed this Alaska cruise. Then we had a severe financial setback and had to cancel it. We are very very lucky that everything is okay and that we have still been able to cruise from Manhattan to the Caribbean, but I know I will probably never get to Alaska. So I truly drink up anyone's reviews and pictures and am an EXPERT on them if I do say so! ;) Your pictures are probably the BEST pictures I have ever seen. You captured everything so brilliantly that I **almost** feel like I was there. Lucky you had such amazing weather. Thank you for sharing these outstanding pictures with us. You could almost publish a book and/or make up postcards!!! :cool: Happy cruising to you!

Our thanks for all the positive comments. A special thanks to the one above as it made my day :-) we shoot photos for the love of it, always have, we started shooting my daughter's cross country team, which lead to track, then basketball, then two of the cross country runner's weddings, to friend's senior photos,, etc. We have never made money off it and I don't care, I just love taking beautiful photos, and it is very kind of you to tell me how much you like them, and it warms my heart :)

thanks to all!

Cheryl & Roy

• 8 months later...

Your pictures are spectacular! We did the same cruise, but in September. We were on the next to last cruise of the season. That had its pros and cons, but we planned the cruise around DH's convention in Seattle that began on the Wednesday we returned. We spent 2 days pre-cruise in Seattle over Labor Day weekend. I don't know what everyone complains about it raining in Seattle all the time, we had gorgeous sunny skies the whole weekend! We had somewhat rainy weather -- drizzly, cold rain -- in Skagway, which made the WP&Y train ride kind of a dud because it was foggy and misty most of the way up. However, my DH is a narrow gauge steam train enthusiast so he didn't care about the weather, he was in heaven. We ziplined in Juneau, which was a blast, but I kinda wished we'd gone whale watching! You know, when in Rome.

This cruise was my 16th cruise overall and my favorite. The scenery was just stunning, and I loved having the naturalist on board to give a blow-by-blow account of what we were looking at and spotting wildlife. Yes, the first day at sea heading into Alaska was ROUGH for us as well but overall we had smooth seas. We, too, didn't get to dock in Victoria due to high winds and we sat offshore for those few hours.

I don't know about you but I drank my weight in hot chocolate on this cruise and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Again, thanks for posting your pictures. They're awesome!

• 11 months later...

Awesome pics. We cruised from Vancouver return Alaska in 2005. What was your itinerary? Wondering how Hubbard glacier has changed since then. There was a small opening that only a canoe could pass. Wondering how it looks today. Would love to do it again. Sydney,Australia repo from Long Beach, 23 days visiting the pacific islands is coming up in Sept my bucket list. After seeing your pics need to add Alaska. Lol