Using Spouse's card for drinks

Anthony327

If you are asking, can you take both yours and your spouse's card and get two drinks, there doesn't seem to be any problem with doing that. Two cards, two packages, two drinks.

Should you only be taking your spouse's card (for example, John takes Mary's card) there may be a difficulty. How does the server know that Mary is your spouse and that you didn't pick up a dropped card somewhere? If you frequent one particular location, the server may know that you are part of a couple and won't have any problem with you using a card not your own. But if you walk up to a bar with a card that clearly can't be yours, you may have to show your own card as well, and if the names don't match, it could be a problem.

Your room number doesn't appear on the card's face, for security reasons. However, the bartender can pull up the folio number (which does appear on the card) and see that you are sharing a room.

With your scenario, they would be looking for possible "sharing" of a drink card, which is against the rules. However, if you buy one drink and put one drink on your spouse's card, I don't think you'll run into any problems. The issue would arise if you are using, or appear to be using, your spouse's card to buy yourself drinks.

Sticking to one bar, getting to know the server there, should make it all go easier for you in the circumstance you describe.

For instance, say you always get yourself a beer, and get your spouse a margarita. Pretty soon, the bartender will know that a margarita charged to your wife's card is for her. If you started putting beer on her card, it might raise a red flag.

Hi,

We have never had a problem picking up two, three or four drinks with two, three or four cards e.g. Ordering coffees in the oceanview cafe as we pass or fresh O.J. Sometimes bar staff will bring them over and then they see there are 4 in your party etc. As long as you are using your packages correctly you have nothing to worry about. My husband, like you , doen't like me to to get my own drink if he is present but he enjoys a wife delivered coffee on a regular basis.

I have found that the bar staff get to know you very quickly particularly if you use the same bar often. I have found that the bar staff in the MDR also work in the other bars and this also helps when you have a package. Two of us would get four coffees with four drinks package cards, the staff in cafe Bacio knew we all had packages and that one was the premium non alcoholic.

We quite often get four drinks usually 3 on a package and paying for the 4th when alchol was involved. The staff in the martini bar soon remembered that the Apple martini was the drink we paid for as this is the only alcoholic drink my daughter likes. In fact the service in the Martini bar is so good towards the end of our cruise our Martinis were being poured as we sat down. ( let me recommend the 20year old martini with the ginger foam topping -with the Cosmo chaser)

Archived