persistance pays off, customer service comes thru..

mlzangel78

Just off the Glory, on the last day of sailing my Dh and I purchased an FCC. We were told it woul dbe delivered to our stateroom by the end of the evening, at midnight when it hadnt arrives i called Guest services to inquire. They said it would arrive by morning. When it did not and we needed to vacate the cabin to disembark, we called again, they said it will be mailed to your home.

We used two different credit cards on one sign and sail. Mine first and then hald way thru the day switched it to my DH because we new that the other was was going to be maxed. Carnival put 11 different holds on the card in 1 day! we started the account with cash, when that ran out, i put my CC on file, and then slid his in to pay the difference. BEWARE... 11 holds on mine and 6 on his actually "maxed" out both cards, it took 5 days for the holds to come off.

Anywho- i contacted Guest services shore side and they stated because they were unable to charge my card and didnt see his on file, they werent going to honor the FCC purchase.. 4 emails later and some persistance in telling them his card was on file after mine, which they had 'NO RECORD of" but managed to charge anyways, and insisting that their HOLDS on both cards caused the issue , my problem was resolved, they allowed me to re purchase the FCC from home over the phone.

DO NOT take NO for an answer when you know you are not wrong, its their computer system that was in error, not our cards. They made it right and also issued a $25 OBC for the headache on top of the FCC.

GOOD amazing job Customer service!

GOOD for YOU ! Yipppeeee

I so agree...you have to be proactive

a lot of people come here and say "Help" and then they get all these conflicting answers, judgements, moral stories, tea and sympathy and mass confusion. If you want to hear what Sitmar did 20 years ago or what happened on the Holiday or what someone's sister in law said, come here

If you want to get something done, call and go up the ladder and if needed back it up in writing :)

JMO ...people here can give advice on food or tours or whatever but sometimes the other stuff is jumbled. Got a real problem ? YOU did the best thing...you took care of it. Glad you were able to get your cert !!

PS

Holds are usually on debit cards which is why I only use cash and/or credit cards on cruises for future reference btw

So do the holds only occur on debit? I am confused...

I have credit cards but not huge limits... ( maybe $1000 on the card I was planning on linking to sign and sail )

Of course the holds count with credit cards also.

I went to Vegas with a low limit card one time.

Before we left the house, I rented a car on line and reserved show tickets.

After picking up the car, checking into the hotel, we went to get the show tickets. They ran the card and,,,:o all the holds had maxed out the card limit.

Of course the holds count with credit cards also.

I went to Vegas with a low limit card one time.

Before we left the house, I rented a car on line and reserved show tickets.

After picking up the car, checking into the hotel, we went to get the show tickets. They ran the card and,,,:o all the holds had maxed out the card limit.

That is what I previously understood... but I was confused when Etsy ( above ) said this :

PS

Holds are usually on debit cards which is why I only use cash and/or credit cards on cruises for future reference btw

That is what I previously understood... but I was confused when Etsy ( above ) said this :

PS

How "Holds or Pendings" are handled are completely up to the financial institution.

If you're operating on a "Secure" card, ( one of those cards where you open a savings account, then they issue you a credit card with a low limit) then you can bet that every little hold or pending will reduce your limit availabilty until a transaction is processed.

If your credit score is good, you've been with your bank for a long time, you've got a great history,,,, then holds or pendings might not even affect your credit availability.

One way to check would be to go get gas in your car and pay for it with your credit card. Then immediatly go home, log into your account and see if there is a charge for the gas PLUS a "hold or pending".

How "Holds or Pendings" are handled are completely up to the financial institution.

If you're operating on a "Secure" card, ( one of those cards where you open a savings account, then they issue you a credit card with a low limit) then you can bet that every little hold or pending will reduce your limit availabilty until a transaction is processed.

If your credit score is good, you've been with your bank for a long time, you've got a great history,,,, then holds or pendings might not even affect your credit availability.

One way to check would be to go get gas in your car and pay for it with your credit card. Then immediatly go home, log into your account and see if there is a charge for the gas PLUS a "hold or pending".

A lot of times it has NOTHING to do with how good your score is and your history. It has to do with the systems your particular bank uses the process the credit cards and holds. I work for a bank and they do not differentiate between the "good credit" clients and the "bad credit" clients. The credit cards and check cards are processed the same way for all clients.

A lot of times it has NOTHING to do with how good your score is and your history. It has to do with the systems your particular bank uses the process the credit cards and holds. I work for a bank and they do not differentiate between the "good credit" clients and the "bad credit" clients. The credit cards and check cards are processed the same way for all clients.

So, you're saying that 2 different people banking at the same bank at the same location,, 1 making $100K a year, 850 credit score, $20K credit limit on their CC, mortgage held with the bank, 25 years with the bank vs. another person, a student, going to college, $15K a year job, 550 credit score, a $1K secured limit on their CC are treated exactly the same??

GOOD for YOU ! Yipppeeee

I so agree...you have to be proactive

a lot of people come here and say "Help" and then they get all these conflicting answers, judgements, moral stories, tea and sympathy and mass confusion. If you want to hear what Sitmar did 20 years ago or what happened on the Holiday or what someone's sister in law said, come here

If you want to get something done, call and go up the ladder and if needed back it up in writing :)

JMO ...people here can give advice on food or tours or whatever but sometimes the other stuff is jumbled. Got a real problem ? YOU did the best thing...you took care of it. Glad you were able to get your cert !!

PS

I never use a debit card because of HOLDS...i also never use credit cards, but this time i had to, i assure you holds were placed NUMEROUS times in 1 day for EVERY transaction posted to my sign and sail. I was wondering why my card was declined, it was because of the holds on our capital one cards.. NOT debit cards.. learned my lessonthe first cruise, now learned my lesson again...

So, you're saying that 2 different people banking at the same bank at the same location,, 1 making $100K a year, 850 credit score, $20K credit limit on their CC, mortgage held with the bank, 25 years with the bank vs. another person, a student, going to college, $15K a year job, 550 credit score, a $1K secured limit on their CC are treated exactly the same??

a capital one credit card is a capital one credit card. I have excellent credit, my husband does not we have our OWN cards NOT linked together, HOLDS were placed on BOTH his and I's capital one mastercards... credit score has nothing to do with holds...

Archived