taxi to Divi Little Bay?

39august

Can someone tell me the cost for 2 to taxi to Divi Little Bay? I assume it will be less crowded than Great Bay right in Phillipsburg.We've been to Dawn, Mullet, Orient and Pinel Island, so looking for a new beach!

We recently took a taxi to Divi Bay in April, 2005. The price was $4.00 per person each way. The taxi stand was right at the dock where our ship the Serenade of the Seas docked. It was quick and easy. There are signs right at the taxi stand which post set prices for various destinations on the island. Our friends paid $5.00 per person each way to go to Orient beach.

hi mary, we are doing the southern carib on the serenade this dec. we also booked the silvermoon (saw your post in barabdos) and were considering the divi little bay. can you tell me what you did in st. lucia? we are also planning pineapple beach in antigua. thanks for your input

Also for Mary, did you enjoy Divi Little Bay and did it get crowded? I just noticed that that beach is the ship's destination for one of its tours. I don't want a very crowded situation.

I thought that Divi Little Bay got crowded because there were several mega ships in port. I believe you can check to see how many ships are scheduled for your day. Even with the crowds - we stayed by the pool. Very few people even knew the pool was there. Had a great time.

Kathleen

Hi,

In response to the messages posted by cruzobsessed, 39August, and Buckeye:

In St. Lucia we took a tour with Frank's Taxi and traveled from Castrie to the Soufriere area and drove by a banana plantation, stopped at a shop that made cassaba bread, visited the volcano, toraille waterfall and botanical gardens (my husband went into the mineral baths and got right under the waterfall) and saw the Pitons. It was a great trip. The cost was $50.00 but included unlimited bottled water, soda, beer, and rum punch. If you're interested see Frank's website, http://www.***** for more info. His e-mail is franktax@hotmail.com.

In St. Maarten we decided to go to Divi Bay for a change because we had been to Orient Beach twice in the past. We decided to go on our own rather than with the cruise ship's excursion because we wanted flexibility with time, meals, etc. It worked out great for us. We went to the beach in the morning and it was not crowded at all. The beach was nice and there was a bar and restaurant where you could get lunch, but we ate lunch on the cruise ship. They also rent skidoos, have parasailing, etc. There are a number of posts with more info. about Divi Bay under the St. Maarten message board.

The day that we were in St. Maarten, the Serenade of the Seas, the Radisson Diamond (which is a very small ship), and a sailboat, were the only ships in port which may be part of the reason why the beach was not crowded. Visit the Cruise Ship Calendar website at http://www.cruisecal.com and you will be able to find out how many ships are scheduled to be in each port when you take your cruise.

Reading other people's posts on the message boards at Cruise Critic really helped us plan our cruise and find great things to do.

Have a great cruise.

Archived