Tips for photographers along Eastern Canada and Quebec

My wife and I will be going on the Celebrity Summit in late September/early October from New York Harbor to Quebec and back. Canadian stops include Nova Scotia (Halifax & Sydney), Charlottetown PEI, Quebec and Gaspe. I fancy myself a serious amateur photographer. What particularly photographic attractions would anyone recommend at these ports?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

The whole trip is amazing and you will love it if you like to photograph!! NYC is amazing, the sail away is spectacular!!! In Charlottetown rent a car and drive a big circle up to North Rustico, Cavendish, along the coast, Confederation Bridge then back to Charlottetown, very scenic. In Halifax, grab a taxi (or rent a car) and head out to Peggy's cove, it is truly beautiful. Quebec city is great just for walking around, literally 5min from the ship. Also, if you want in Quebec take the ferry across the river (just there and back don't need to get off) and you can get some nice shots of your ship with the city in the background. The picture in my signature below is the Eurodam and Maasdam in Quebec City. As I said the whole thing is great from start to finish, you won't have trouble finding stuff to shoot! Enjoy :D

The ferry from Quebec City to Levis is a great idea. We have taken it several times and it is great for photography. Quebec city is full of different (old) buildings, neat shops, etc. Just wander around. You may also want to visit the Citadel.

In Halifax you should take the ferry to Dartmouth or Woodside for the same reason.

The ferry from Quebec City to Levis is a great idea. We have taken it several times and it is great for photography. Quebec city is full of different (old) buildings, neat shops, etc. Just wander around. You may also want to visit the Citadel.

In Halifax you should take the ferry to Dartmouth or Woodside for the same reason.

Thank you all for some great ideas!

Where does one catch these ferries?

The ferries to Dartmouth and Woodside leave from the same building. It is along the waterfront to the north of where the cruise ships dock. You can see where the ferries dock and find it easily that way.

Thanks again!

Archived