Am I allowed?

Lizard2372

Am I allowed to bring a travel steamer? This is our third cruise and the first cruise since I got my travel steamer. I know irons are a big no because of the fire hazard but I didn't know about steamers.

Thanks in advance!

Am I allowed to bring a travel steamer? This is our third cruise and the first cruise since I got my travel steamer. I know irons are a big no because of the fire hazard but I didn't know about steamers.

Thanks in advance!

Yes

No -

Confiscated Items

• Alcohol (hard liquor)/sealed, unopened bottles

• Beer/sealed, unopened bottles/cans

• Wine or champagne/sealed, unopened bottles - beyond the allowable limit of one bottle (750 ml. size) per adult 21 years of age (brought on at embarkation time only)

• Clothing irons and steamers (all Carnival ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)

• Electrical and household appliances (i.e. coffee makers, hot plates, toasters, etc.)

• Candles

• Heating Pads

• Incense

• Hookah

The following is from Carnival's website ...

In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, Carnival prohibits guests from bringing certain items on board, i.e., weapons, candles, irons, alcohol, or other dangerous goods. According to our policy, Carnival conducts security scanning of all baggage and if prohibited items are found, they will be removed and stored on board for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be available for collection in onboard designated location on the morning of debarkation. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case. For additional information, please refer to the terms and conditions of your cruise ticket contract.

Here is a link ...

http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=luggage+restrictions#q-545373

We have a steamer and we bring it on every cruise no probs yet. It's funny bc on about day 3 of a 7 day cruise we somehow never see the steamer again:rolleyes:. On our last cruise the CD kept saying don't worry ab ironing ur clothes ur on vacay if no one irons/steams everyone's wrinkled clothes would seem normal. My DH and I and all of my family iron every single thing we wear at home except undies and pjs (although on occasion when I was ab 7 and we'd have cold winters my gma would iron my undies :cool:) but I digress lol.

A friend of ours was on the Glory a couple of weeks ago out of Norfolk when they had the "big tilt". She had brought along an iron and was ironing clothes in the cabin when the tilt occurred. She got a pretty nasty burn. I asked if she was seen in the infirmary and she said no because she was not supposed to have the iron. I know this is different than a steamer but I can see why they would not like these items on board ship. I know there are irons in the laundry room and the same thing could happen but at least one could be seen in the infirmary and the ship would be libel.

We have a steamer and we bring it on every cruise no probs yet. It's funny bc on about day 3 of a 7 day cruise we somehow never see the steamer again:rolleyes:. On our last cruise the CD kept saying don't worry ab ironing ur clothes ur on vacay if no one irons/steams everyone's wrinkled clothes would seem normal. My DH and I and all of my family iron every single thing we wear at home except undies and pjs (although on occasion when I was ab 7 and we'd have cold winters my gma would iron my undies :cool:) but I digress lol.

Definition of Irony....A poster with Hazardous as part of their user name posts about breaking the rules and puts everybody's life in danger by purposely bringing aboard a specifically forbidden item.

Archived