mini suite or fiesta window suite for Alaska

lesharona

You'll get positive answers for each. If it were me, I'd go with the window suite for the perks plus when I was in Alaska with a balcony, I barely used it due to the weather. The Dolphin deck mini's are open and exposed to the wind and rain. That's just my opinion. :)

Thanks Pam, that has been my thought today. If it was on a deck that the balcony was covered would be one thing, but Dolphin is exposed to the weather. Plus with the window suite you get all the perks of a suite. I checked today and there are still suites open on Fiesta deck, I sail in two weeks so will have to make this decision too. Right now I have D633 booked.

We were just on the Island Princess in a mini on the Caribe Deck which had a covered balcony. We turned down a D mini because of the open balcony.

We had cold weather so didn't spend much time on the balcony. I'd run out to take pictures or to check how cold it was but could't spend much time out there. Plus we had a lot of rainy days. At least with the cover we didn't get rained on.

If it were me, I'd take the Window suite and enjoy the suite upgrades & use the navigation channel to check the weather!

I'm leaning toward the window suite too with one exception. Photographs taken from the balcony will probably be better than those taken through the glass window. We took a lot of photos from our balcony.

We love our Emerald mini suite but for our cruise to Alaska next year we picked the window suite. It cost a little less than the mini and we get all the perks of a suite - which we have never had. I am so looking forward to the experience.

We had a window suite for our Alaskan cruise in September of 2011--we didn't expect the weather to be great that late in the season so we opted for the WS. We loved the suite perks and location of the cabin plus there's tons of storage and a big bathroom. Enjoyed having breakfast each morning in Sabatini. Didn't miss the balcony.

You can easily get outside to take pictures--I think the pluses far outweigh the minuses.

We've just returned from Alaska on the Island Princes minisuite D709. While we did not sit outside and bask in the sun we were frequently in and out watching with binoculars and taking photographs--and sharing sightings with neighbors doing the same thing! Great location for getting quickly to the rear balcony.

Thanks everyone for your opinions, I am inclined to agree. My agent is out of town until Monday but I have emailed her to see if she can make the switch for me. For those who have had the window suite in the past how large are the windows?

Breakfast in Sabintini's is that a suite perk?

Thanks everyone for your opinions, I am inclined to agree. My agent is out of town until Monday but I have emailed her to see if she can make the switch for me. For those who have had the window suite in the past how large are the windows?

Breakfast in Sabintini's is that a suite perk?

The windows are large, but not full length. The windows were cleaned while we were onboard in May, but are double paned and have lost their seal. Condensation/dirt have built up between the panes and makes viewing a little difficult. You can still see out of them, but it's "cloudy".

We loved the WS to Alaska. One floor up and you're on the Promenade Deck. Perfect for those photos or just taking in the scenery. One floor down and you're at the International Cafe for snacks and drinks. I'd rather have the upgraded cabin finishes and perks than a balcony. For the right price, it's a steal!

B

Archived