Private tour guide in Denali?

giadav

If you did, the only way they could get in would be on a Shuttle bus with you, no other options in. What are you looking for?? The drivers are just excellent and fully knowledgable about the park. More than enough commentary in my opinion.

You cannot be a "private" guide in a national park, as the park awards concessions to certain companies which then have pretty much exclusive rights to perform that service. This is as much for the visitor's protection as anything else, since this helps to guarantee a safe, quality experience. If you want to go hiking, there are several ranger-led hikes and the Denali Institute offers multi-day natural history oriented trips. http://www.alaskanha.org/denali-institute.htm If you want a more "exclusive" trip than the bus you can go on one of the day trips offered by the backcountry lodges in Kantishna http://www.denaliwildlifetour.com/

I do not know much about Alaska and I'm trying to get some info for my Brother and Sister-in-law. They were told by someone that they can hire someone to just take them around Denali privately. The tour through the cruiseline...is it crowded?

I do not know much about Alaska and I'm trying to get some info for my Brother and Sister-in-law. They were told by someone that they can hire someone to just take them around Denali privately. The tour through the cruiseline...is it crowded?

I never recommend the cruisetours- way too much that people just do not realize about the itineraries. Clearly for the best touring options, the more you know the better. Research fully. My opinion only, I do not recommend the day trips to Kantishna- these are worth an overnight at least. The Kantishna day trips are high cost lunch options in my opinion. You barely have time for more than that with the schedules. Cheaper and almost as far in is the Wonder Lake shuttle, but I will never go there before mid August. Just too significant a bug problem before then.

Archived