Pre cruise stay in Baltimore - any hotel recommendations?

Gina130284

Hello all,

Getting married on Enchantment in April 2013. We've decided to fly in 2 days before we sail just in case of any problems.

We're now looking into booking hotels which have transfers from the airport and can provide transfers to the port as well.

Can anyone recommend any hotels in particular?

Thank you.

How exciting...

I am sure the locals will jump in, but as an out of area visitor, I will offer my 2cents. The hotels offering free airport shuttles naturally tend to located near the airport...practical, but not the most fun. the shared shuttles into town do not seem to be a particular bargain, considering you have to wait for others and multiple stops. I plan to take a taxi to my hotel at the inner harbor...I got Marriott Waterfront for $76 plus tax and fees. It has been a few years since my last visit, but I recall the inner harbor have lots of restaurants, some shopping, aquarium, museums, and attractions. we will take a taxi to the cruise port. I expect each taxi ride to cost $30-35 or so...worth the convenience to me. I would not sacrifice location and convenience for shuttle service.

OK, locals, correct me or expand...I will appreciate whatever you share about your city...hope the OP does, too.

I'd suggest that newlyweds without a car might want to stay either in the Inner Harbor, Harbor East or Fells Point. You can walk almost anywhere you wish to go or travel free on Baltmore's Circulator Buses.

For the Inner Harbor consider Pier 5 Hotel. For Fells Point take a look at Admiral Fells Inn or Henderson's Wharf Hotel. Harbor East could be the Marriott Waterfront. There are less expensive alternatives at Harbor East.

Pier 5, Admiral Fell and Henderson's Wharf are part of the Harbor Magic group.

Some websites to check:

http://www.harbormagic.com/

http://www.cruise.maryland.gov/content/hotels

http://www.harboreast.com/

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bwiwf-baltimore-marriott-waterfront/

I LOVED the Marriott Waterfront...(as opposed to the Marriott Camden Yards..)

One of my favorite domestic Marriott properties!!

As John said..definitely stay down town....I love the Harbor East area where the Marriott is! Another nice hotel is the Renaissance..(also a Marriott brand..)

I LOVED the Marriott Waterfront...(as opposed to the Marriott Camden Yards..)

One of my favorite domestic Marriott properties!!

As John said..definitely stay down town....I love the Harbor East area where the Marriott is! Another nice hotel is the Renaissance..(also a Marriott brand..)

I am so glad to hear that. when I entered my priceline bid for a 4 star, I thought I'd get a good property...I was surprised and very happy when the bid went to Marriott Waterfront.

My only caveat would be that if there are concerts.at the amphitheatre outside..you WILL hear it..if you are on the harbor side...actually you may be able to hear it anyway. That said...IIRC they end at 10 or 11.

I really did not mind....the solution is to stay up later and have fun.... (the hotel does not control the concert venue) and honestly it was not really that bad.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

My only caveat would be that if there are concerts.at the amphitheatre outside..you WILL hear it..if you are on the harbor side...actually you may be able to hear it anyway. That said...IIRC they end at 10 or 11.

I really did not mind....the solution is to stay up later and have fun.... (the hotel does not control the concert venue) and honestly it was not really that bad.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I appreciate the info. I don't think we will mind that at all. if we like the group, all the better. maybe we'd try to go join the fun. we are also coming from the central time zone, so that will feel like 9-10 o'clock to us. if they go later, I doubt it will matter...when tired we both sleep through almost anything. I'll try google, maybe I'll find out if anything is happening July 5:)

I appreciate the info. I don't think we will mind that at all. if we like the group, all the better. maybe we'd try to go join the fun. we are also coming from the central time zone, so that will feel like 9-10 o'clock to us. if they go later, I doubt it will matter...when tired we both sleep through almost anything. I'll try google, maybe I'll find out if anything is happening July 5:)

Nothing scheduled for July 5. ;)

https://tickets.piersixpavilion.com/

• 2 months later...

After lots of research and sending numerous emails to hotels to see if they offer group rates for 12 people, we have finally booked the Brexton Hotel near the inner harbour! Paul, the hotel manager has been amazing and is also organising transfers from airport-hotel, hotel-cruise terminal and cruise terminal-airport!

I live about a 10 minute walk from the Brexton. It's a very off-beat, funky (in a good way) hotel in the middle of a very happening (and safe!) neighborhood. You won't have any issues staying here.

You may not receive a lot of the "extras" that a hotel chain may provide, but if you're the kind of person that doesn't find that an issue, you'll be perfectly satisfied here. You're actually near quite a few restaurants and bars that are decent. (I recommend the Brewers Art, by the way. Excellent brew choices, and the food isn't bad either.) It is a very quiet neighborhood for the most part, with resources aimed toward the LGBT community.

I can answer any questions that you may have, as I've lived here for quite a few years and know the area very well.

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! :)

I live about a 10 minute walk from the Brexton. It's a very off-beat, funky (in a good way) hotel in the middle of a very happening (and safe!) neighborhood. You won't have any issues staying here.

You may not receive a lot of the "extras" that a hotel chain may provide, but if you're the kind of person that doesn't find that an issue, you'll be perfectly satisfied here. You're actually near quite a few restaurants and bars that are decent. (I recommend the Brewers Art, by the way. Excellent brew choices, and the food isn't bad either.) It is a very quiet neighborhood for the most part, with resources aimed toward the LGBT community.

I can answer any questions that you may have, as I've lived here for quite a few years and know the area very well.

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! :)

Thank you so much- thats very reassuring! So glad you mentioned it being in a safe and quiet area. We got a great quote from a hotel and then noticed reviews saying the area was very unsafe, do not go out alone, located next to a juvenile detention centres, etc etc which put us off. So Im really glad you said that!

The hotel has upgraded me and my husband to be into a superior king room which is a lovely gesture!

We're only there for 2 nights so dont mind about all the 'extras'. We'll have everything we need as we're heading to the cruise straight after.

We land approx 6:20pm so we will be looking for a decent dar for a few drinks once we've checked in!

Thanks again xx

Archived