Booking next cruise on board

Hi

My husband and I are travelling on Indy, this Sat and are thinking of booking again for a sailing in Aug. We will be booking 3 balcony cabins and can't decide if it's best to wait til we are on board, will we get a better price, or shall we book a guarantee balcony thro our travel agent?

Any advice would be great?

Thanks

Jane

I would book wait to book on-board for sure, that would amount to over $300 OBC in for a 7 day cruise, maybe more depending on the length of your sailing. The price will be the same, unless the price goes up or down before you book.

Hi

My husband and I are travelling on Indy, this Sat and are thinking of booking again for a sailing in Aug. We will be booking 3 balcony cabins and can't decide if it's best to wait til we are on board, will we get a better price, or shall we book a guarantee balcony thro our travel agent?

Thanks

Jane

I would wait but take care of it early in the cruise as they get very busy later on. You get reduced deposit and OBC by booking this way. Check and see if there are any cruise savings certificates if you are a C & A member to take along to apply!

Decide Later Onboard Booking for UK Cruisers.

The reduced deposit is £75 or 75 Euros for each named guest on the booking.

The booking can be made for a single guest.

Reduced deposit is non-refundable.

There is no expiry date on the booking with regards to when it must be used by.

When the Decide Later is made into a confirmed booking, the full deposit must be paid for all guests on the booking.

For Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruises, the OBC will be in dollars and depends on the length of the sailing.

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

Once a booking is confirmed, a maximum of 2 other bookings from Friends & Family can receive the same onboard benefits but this must be done within 30 days of the original booking being confirmed. They must be on the exact same sailing.

With RCCL, this Decide Later OBC can be combined with either C&A Balcony/Suite Discount or a C&A savings voucher but not both.

In order not to lose the benefits on the chosen sailing at least one name must remain on the booking from the beginning of the process.

The booking is non-transferable.

Please Note - With this Decide Later Cert you will only have 2 days from when you actually book your chosen ship/date to contact RCCL UK and have them approve the transfer to your Travel Agent.

Decide Later Onboard Booking for UK Cruisers.

The reduced deposit is £75 or 75 Euros for each named guest on the booking.

The booking can be made for a single guest.

Reduced deposit is non-refundable.

There is no expiry date on the booking with regards to when it must be used by.

When the Decide Later is made into a confirmed booking, the full deposit must be paid for all guests on the booking.

For Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruises, the OBC will be in dollars and depends on the length of the sailing.

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

Once a booking is confirmed, a maximum of 2 other bookings from Friends & Family can receive the same onboard benefits but this must be done within 30 days of the original booking being confirmed. They must be on the exact same sailing.

With RCCL, this Decide Later OBC can be combined with either C&A Balcony/Suite Discount or a C&A savings voucher but not both.

In order not to lose the benefits on the chosen sailing at least one name must remain on the booking from the beginning of the process.

The booking is non-transferable.

Please Note - With this Decide Later Cert you will only have 2 days from when you actually book your chosen ship/date to contact RCCL UK and have them approve the transfer to your Travel Agent.

So if I make a decide later booking, when I decide which cruise I wish to sail on do I have to make the booking directly through RCCL and then request a transfer to a TA. What happens if the TA is offering a cheaper price than RCCL, will this saving be transferred to the booking ?

So if I make a decide later booking, when I decide which cruise I wish to sail on do I have to make the booking directly through RCCL and then request a transfer to a TA. What happens if the TA is offering a cheaper price than RCCL, will this saving be transferred to the booking ?

When you fill in the form on the ship the booking will automatically be given to the TA who booked the cruise you are currently on.

IF you tick the box on the form it will be given to RCCL.

If the booking is automatically given to the TA who booked the current cruise then it is down to that TA if they release the booking if you want to give it to another TA or to RCCL.

When you want to book you can shop around for the cruise/price - when you find the TA you want to book with you call RCCL and they will give the booking to the TA.

If you book the ship with RCCL then the usual rules about 48 hours to swap to a TA apply.

I hope this helps :)

I was just on Allure and heard about this new book later option. Decided it was a nobrainer for $100 deposit that never expires and I know I'll definitely cruise with Royal again. So I'll get $100 down the road. At today's low interest rates, as long as I book within the next 50 years I'll come out ahead.

Hi

Thanks

Jane

I would wait unless you want 3 very specific cabins and/or you want them adjacent. That OBC for 3 cabins sure would be nice.

When you fill in the form on the ship the booking will automatically be given to the TA who booked the cruise you are currently on.

IF you tick the box on the form it will be given to RCCL.

If the booking is automatically given to the TA who booked the current cruise then it is down to that TA if they release the booking if you want to give it to another TA or to RCCL.

When you want to book you can shop around for the cruise/price - when you find the TA you want to book with you call RCCL and they will give the booking to the TA.

If you book the ship with RCCL then the usual rules about 48 hours to swap to a TA apply.

I hope this helps :)

Thanks for this information Liz

It seems that giving the booking to RCCL gives more flexibilty when shopping around :)

Archived