Does every Disney sailing get those big Mickey hands?

pampaul

I've only been on one Disney cruise (back in 2008) and I remember they had passed out little wands with streamers on the end of them to wave around during the sail away party. Now I'm reading some trip reports and see some of them now have these awesome, big Mickey hands.

Were they only passed out during "special" sailings like an inaugural one? Or does every sailing get them? We'll be on the Fantasy in less than two weeks and I'm hoping we'll get those awesome hands. ***and can you keep them?

We have been on multiple Disney Cruises and we wondered about the hands as well. On probably our 2nd or 3rd they were selling the hands in Mickey's Mates of course that was after we sailed. We ended up buying hands in 2009 when our oldest son worked as a cast member through Disney University at the parks and have brought them with us on all of our subsequent cruises. People have asked us where we got them and I explained that we had bought them ourselves. Our kids love to wear them to the sail away party. Makes it easier to find ourselves on the large screen because we can see the hands. I have done some research and you can buy them online as well. Happy Sailing.

We have been on multiple Disney Cruises and we wondered about the hands as well. On probably our 2nd or 3rd they were selling the hands in Mickey's Mates of course that was after we sailed. We ended up buying hands in 2009 when our oldest son worked as a cast member through Disney University at the parks and have brought them with us on all of our subsequent cruises. People have asked us where we got them and I explained that we had bought them ourselves. Our kids love to wear them to the sail away party. Makes it easier to find ourselves on the large screen because we can see the hands. I have done some research and you can buy them online as well. Happy Sailing.

Thanks. I was up at I-Party this past weekend to get some eye patches & pirate hats for Pirate night and saw that they sold what looked like Mickey gloves and something else in a bag, but I didn't think of picking any up while I was there. Now I wish I did. The store is about an hour away, so I don't see myself going up there before we leave. :(

Archived