Punchliner comedy brunch question

We just had it on the Miracle and enjoyed it! Not crowded...no wait...even for our party of 9. There are a lot of options on the menu...something for everyone. IMO, they could do without the comedian...they are only on for 10-15 minutes at the top of the hour, so really not that great. Enjoyed the brunch, though! And no, there is no charge unless you purchase a Bloody Mary or the like...

Sounds pretty good..Thank you..:)

We just had it on the Miracle and enjoyed it! Not crowded...no wait...even for our party of 9. There are a lot of options on the menu...something for everyone. IMO, they could do without the comedian...they are only on for 10-15 minutes at the top of the hour, so really not that great. Enjoyed the brunch, though! And no, there is no charge unless you purchase a Bloody Mary or the like...

Were most of the people in the DR close enought to hear the comedian? Wondering if this is a good venue for this.

What ships have this? Thanks.

Right now the Miracle & the Breeze~

Coming soon to:

Carnival Magic (July 2012)

Carnival Liberty (August 2012)

Carnival Dream (September 2012)

Carnival Conquest (October 2012)

Carnival Glory (November 2012)

Carnival Splendor (December 2012)

Carnival Sunshine (April 2013)

and here's the menu~

http://www.carnival.com/onboard/cruise-food/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/PunchlinerBrunchMenupdf.ashx

Check this note from CCL web

What ships have this? Thanks.

Schedule:

Carnival Magic (July 2012)

Carnival Liberty (August 2012)

Carnival Dream (September 2012)

Carnival Conquest (October 2012)

Carnival Glory (November 2012)

Carnival Splendor (December 2012)

Carnival Sunshine (April 2013)

This Experience Is Available On:

Carnival Breeze and Carnival Miracle.

Were most of the people in the DR close enought to hear the comedian? Wondering if this is a good venue for this.

We could hear him, but we couldn't see him. Maybe just me, but 10 minutes is not enough to have a good comedy routine...just seemed like a waste to me. I enjoyed the brunch, though, and plan to partake on the Breeze as well!

I really enjoyed the Punchliner Brunch on the Miracle.

Its open seating in the MDR and we had no wait for a table. We asked to be seated at a large table with others the first day. I love that you can do this and meet new people! The second time we went with other people so we just sat as our own group. There was no wait either time. I can't recall ever having to wait for a table during an open seating meal in the MDR.

I agree that the menu was very diverse and interesting. Personally, I LOVED that I could get an omelette or pancakes at 12:30!!

I did not find the comedian to be a problem and I actually kind of enjoyed it.

Offered on Sea Days from 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM. with one of the comedians coming out for about 10 minutes each hour.....I suppose if you time it right you could totally miss the comedy if you wanted to. Alternately, you could ask to be seated in the aft or sides of the MDR. The comedian was in the forward center area of the MDR on the Miracle.

I went 2X. One day we were seated on the side by the windows and I could only hear but not see. The second time we were in the middle of the dining room and I could see him.

I would certainly suggest giving this a try if/when offered on your ship!

This may be a wonderful option for some, but not us. According to our PVP, the Spirit class ships (do to only one dining room) there will be no breakfast prior to the 9:00AM brunch served in the dining room. Therefore this forces the folks who like to eat an early breakfast in the dining room to either eat later (during brunch), or do breakfast buffet.

For us on Sea Days we like to have a relaxed morning. So we prefer to eat breakfast in the dining room. We are early risers. So now our option is to go to the buffet to wait in several lines to get our food.

Unless I over looked it, there seems like some items have been dropped from the traditional breakfast menu on the brunch menu. Yogurt, danish to name a couple.

We prefer to sail on the Spirit class ships, but the brunch taking over breakfast in the dining room on sea days will keep us from sailing Spirit class in the future.

We could hear him, but we couldn't see him. Maybe just me, but 10 minutes is not enough to have a good comedy routine...just seemed like a waste to me. I enjoyed the brunch, though, and plan to partake on the Breeze as well!

Will experience this on the Dream in Sept and wondering about this.

Hearing the comedian without seeing him will lose something I am sure.

Will experience this on the Dream in Sept and wondering about this.

I hope my PVP is correct in saying ships with two dining rooms will have one dining room opened for traditional, early breakfast on sea days (all days.)

Hearing the comedian without seeing him will lose something I am sure.

Most of the reviews I have read about the comedians say all they do is poke fun at diners. Wonder how long it will take before that hung over diner isn't in the mood to be made fun of.

We just had it on the Miracle and enjoyed it! Not crowded...no wait...even for our party of 9.

I wonder how much of this will change now with people wanting to make sure they get their one perk for being a repeat cruiser.

Most of the reviews I have read about the comedians say all they do is poke fun at diners. Wonder how long it will take before that hung over diner isn't in the mood to be made fun of.

Can be good if done well and you do not need any new material to do this.

Can anyone confirm that on ships with 2 dining rooms that traditional sit down breakfast is served at the regular time as in the past? Everyday? And is there still a sit down lunch option on these ships if you don't want to do the punchliner dining room on sea days?

Also, on the Spirit class ships with just one MDR, is traditional sit down breakfast served on port days.

There is going to be so much new food to try on the Breeze I'm going to end up gaining so much weight I'm going to have to be rolled off the ship.

John Heald also mentioned today about Comfort Kitchen, anyone have any idea what this is and where it will be offered?

There is going to be so much new food to try on the Breeze I'm going to end up gaining so much weight I'm going to have to be rolled off the ship.

John Heald also mentioned today about Comfort Kitchen, anyone have any idea what this is and where it will be offered?

Probably more comfort food, meatloaf and that type of stuff.

Can anyone confirm that on ships with 2 dining rooms that traditional sit down breakfast is served at the regular time as in the past? Everyday?

According to my PVP breakfast will be at the regular times. But I have yet to see in a review or someone that posted a FunTimes from a Conquest or larger ship to verify. But on the look out.

And is there still a sit down lunch option on these ships if you don't want to do the punchliner dining room on sea days?

Looking at the Funtimes from the Miracle, there is no regular lunch being served on sea days in the dining room for ships with just one dining room.

Also, on the Spirit class ships with just one MDR, is traditional sit down breakfast served on port days.

Yes

Like you, we're waiting for someone to verify what is happening with breakfast and lunch on the larger ships that have (or when they get) the punchliner brunch.

I saw that, and thanks! It looks delicious.....

But, I was talking about the "Comfort Kitchen" John Heald mentioned on his FB today. He listed the menu. I can't copy and paste because we have FB blocked at work and can only see it on my phone.

I don't think it should replace regular breakfast. I don't want to wait until 9 am or have to go to Lido. I'll stay away from ships with this option.

This is exactly how we feel. Hopefully this will be a short lived option.

I saw that, and thanks! It looks delicious.....

But, I was talking about the "Comfort Kitchen" John Heald mentioned on his FB today. He listed the menu. I can't copy and paste because we have FB blocked at work and can only see it on my phone.

My bad~ I didn't see that~! I'll go check FB ~ It this just on the Breeze? The only thing on Carnival I can find about it says it's going to be on the Sunshine~???

Here it is~~

Sausage, Turkey Gumbo

Spinach & Mushroom Fritters

Chicken Pie

Shrimp & Chorizo Pilaf

Skillet Panini - Ham, Provolone, Mozzarella, Arugula, Spicy Mayo

Black Forest Mushroom Pudding Fries

Lime Chicken & Poblano Soup

Mac ’n Cheese Spring Roll

Fish & Chips

Shepherd’s Pie

Fried Rice