Punchliner comedy brunch question

According to my PVP breakfast will be at the regular times. But I have yet to see in a review or someone that posted a FunTimes from a Conquest or larger ship to verify. But on the look out.

Looking at the Funtimes from the Miracle, there is no regular lunch being served on sea days in the dining room for ships with just one dining room.

Yes

Like you, we're waiting for someone to verify what is happening with breakfast and lunch on the larger ships that have (or when they get) the punchliner brunch.

I'm not thrilled about these changes...........I'm a morning person who doesn't like to eat at buffet's EVER.........I'm use to eating breakfast around 6am, so it would be difficult to have to wait that long for breakfast.

If they would just put hard boiled eggs on the room service menu I could probably make due...........

Most of the reviews I have read about the comedians say all they do is poke fun at diners.

Wonder how long it will take before that hung over diner isn't in the mood to be made fun of.

Sounds weird being poked fun at while I eat. "Are we having fun yet?" Maybe I'm just getting old. Or maybe someone will deliver a pie to his face?

I don't think it should replace regular breakfast. I don't want to wait until 9 am or have to go to Lido. I'll stay away from ships with this option.
I agree. Its bad enough having to wait til 7:30 for the MDR doors to open.

Even before then Im up on deck finding a coupl of yoghurts for me and the bride to snack on to hold us over until the MDR is ready

My bad~ I didn't see that~! I'll go check FB ~ It this just on the Breeze? The only thing on Carnival I can find about it says it's going to be on the Sunshine~???

Here it is~~

Sausage, Turkey Gumbo

Spinach & Mushroom Fritters

Chicken Pie

Shrimp & Chorizo Pilaf

Skillet Panini - Ham, Provolone, Mozzarella, Arugula, Spicy Mayo

Black Forest Mushroom Pudding Fries

Lime Chicken & Poblano Soup

Mac ’n Cheese Spring Roll

Fish & Chips

Shepherd’s Pie

Fried Rice

Skillet Panini- Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella, Roasted Peppers, Grain Roll

Home Fries

I'm not sure, also not sure where it's being served as well. I think it goes until 9pm at night...maybe on lido?

I can see where those who like to have breakfast early would be annoyed.

I have no idea what will happen on the ships with 2 MDR's. Right now on the Miracle the Brunch from 9:00AM - 1:30PM is the only MDR menu on Sea Days.

On Port Days the MDR was open for breakfast from 7:00AM - 9:00AM.

The experience I had with the comedians was nice and I don't recall either of them poking fun at any particular Pax.

We are early risers. So now our option is to go to the buffet to wait in several lines to get our food.

If you're an early riser, no problem... no lines! On our last Miracle cruise I'd meet up with my nephew'inlaw (6:30-7:00'ish). At that hour of the day we had the place to ourselves. One by one our spouse's would appear, then our kids, and the remainder of our group would wake up and find us, and we'd sit there for everyone's breakfast. Our next stop would be to the Photo Gallery to look for our previous days photos. Sometimes it hurts to laugh on a full stomach :p Then we'd head outside to fight for deck chairs :rolleyes:.

This evolved into our morning ritual.. it was kinda like our own comedy breakfast ;)

I can see where those who like to have breakfast early would be annoyed.

I have no idea what will happen on the ships with 2 MDR's. Right now on the Miracle the Brunch from 9:00AM - 1:30PM is the only MDR menu on Sea Days.

On Port Days the MDR was open for breakfast from 7:00AM - 9:00AM.

The experience I had with the comedians was nice and I don't recall either of them poking fun at any particular Pax.

"Brunch will be served on sea days, 9:30am-2:00pm in the Forward Dining Room. On the Spirit-Class ships where there is only one Dining Room, regular breakfast and lunch menus will not be offered"":

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/Punchliner_Comedy_Brunch_Presented_by_George_Lopez.htm

Sounds like the Breeze will have regular breakfast and lunch in the Aft Dining Room on sea days.

I wonder how much of this will change now with people wanting to make sure they get their one perk for being a repeat cruiser.

It's a really large dining room and since the brunch spans a number of hours, I doubt it will ever be crowded all at one time;)

Can anyone confirm that on ships with 2 dining rooms that traditional sit down breakfast is served at the regular time as in the past? Everyday? And is there still a sit down lunch option on these ships if you don't want to do the punchliner dining room on sea days?

Also, on the Spirit class ships with just one MDR, is traditional sit down breakfast served on port days.

Don't know about the larger ships, as none except Breeze has Punchliner yet. I checked the Fun Times and regular breakfast is served 7-9 on port days. (However, we got to San Juan at 3 pm, so they treated that as a sea day and had Punchliner instead. You really have many of the same options for breakfast when you do Punchliner brunch...more, in fact. And if you wanted to avoid the comedy, just show up around 10 after the hour.

There is going to be so much new food to try on the Breeze I'm going to end up gaining so much weight I'm going to have to be rolled off the ship.

John Heald also mentioned today about Comfort Kitchen, anyone have any idea what this is and where it will be offered?

John posted one day of the Comfort Kitchen menu from the Breeze...there were things on there I have no idea what they even are. But sounds interesting. I imagine it has it's own venue on the ship. If Zydecocruiser doesn't have menus on his site already for it, I'm sure he will soon...

We just had it on the Miracle and enjoyed it! Not crowded...no wait...even for our party of 9. There are a lot of options on the menu...something for everyone. IMO, they could do without the comedian...they are only on for 10-15 minutes at the top of the hour, so really not that great. Enjoyed the brunch, though! And no, there is no charge unless you purchase a Bloody Mary or the like...

Anyone know if this is the case after the new changes are implemented at the end of this month? I am assuming that free beverage means alcohol otherwise who cares:confused:

Anyone know if this is the case after the new changes are implemented at the end of this month? I am assuming that free beverage means alcohol otherwise who cares:confused:

Looks like a bloody mary brunch :)

Schedule for the ships getting the brunch:

Schedule: Carnival Breeze

Carnival Magic (July 2012)

Carnival Liberty (August 2012)

Carnival Dream (September 2012)

Carnival Conquest (October 2012)

Carnival Glory (November 2012)

Carnival Splendor (December 2012)

Carnival Sunshine (April 2013)

[quote name='agc291']Anyone know if this is the case after the new changes are implemented at the end of this month? I am assuming that free beverage means alcohol otherwise who cares:confused:[/quote]
It could very well mean a cappuchino or expresso since there is now a charge for these beverages on ships with the comedy brunch ( just where Carnival is offering the free beverage hmmmmm:rolleyes: ). I went to the brunch once on the Miracle...meh.
I do enjoy the dining room much more so than the lido, but that said I did not enjoy the comedian at 9AM. He was fine, no picking on pax, but LOUD, he was loud, the maitr'd was loud announcing him, the pax were loud, some laughing, some groaning, it was just LOUD.
The food was just okay, I had the eggs benedict (hollandise on the side, thanks SARGE :)), they were fine but my son said his french toast was lousy, dried out and tasteless. I usually eat breakfast at around 8 so the rest of the cruise I hit the Lido.

[quote name='mamaskittles']It could very well mean a cappuchino or expresso since there is now a charge for these beverages on ships with the comedy brunch ( just where Carnival is offering the free beverage hmmmmm:rolleyes: ). I went to the brunch once on the Miracle...meh.
I do enjoy the dining room much more so than the lido, but that said I did not enjoy the comedian at 9AM. He was fine, no picking on pax, but LOUD, he was loud, the maitr'd was loud announcing him, the pax were loud, some laughing, some groaning, it was just LOUD.
The food was just okay, I had the eggs benedict (hollandise on the side, thanks SARGE :)), they were fine but my son said his french toast was lousy, dried out and tasteless. I usually eat breakfast at around 8 so the rest of the cruise I hit the Lido.[/quote]

Sounds like I will be skipping this... If I am up that early on a sea day, thats a problem:( and if I am up then I would rather eat then go to the port;) THANKS!!

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
[quote name='bktaylor30']Is the Punchliner Brunch now available on the Triumph?

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy S4 using the Cruise Critic forums application.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is on the Triumph 5 day cruise on Sea Days in the Paris Dining Room fom 8:30 am til 1:00 pm.

Don't know about the 4 day cruise.

I read the mac and cheese was NOT to be missed. I read this in a review where a couple of friends jokingly ordered it and they were almost licking the plate at the end. Here I have the menu:

[CENTER][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=windowtext]headliners [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=windowtext][B][FONT=Arial]funny french toast[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][FONT=Minion Pro]-[/FONT][FONT=Burbank Big Cd Lt]French toast crusted with your choice of Honey Nut Cheerios, Raisin Bran, Fruit Loops or Frosted Flakes. What makes it funny? Nothing, it’s just a name. [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=windowtext][B][FONT=Arial]fat stack pancakes[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][FONT=Minion Pro]-[/FONT][FONT=Burbank Big Cd Lt]Here’s your excuse to eat cake for breakfast. Your choice of blueberry, chocolate chip or plain. [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=windowtext]carne y huevos[/COLOR][COLOR=windowtext]*[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][FONT=Minion Pro]-[/FONT][FONT=Burbank Big Cd Lt]When it comes to brunch, go big or go home. Well, you can’t go home, so you might as well go big. Dig into a filet mignon, topped with 2 fried eggs and béarnaise, grilled tomato and home fries. [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=windowtext][B][FONT=Arial]mac n’ cheese[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][FONT=Minion Pro]-[/FONT][FONT=Burbank Big Cd Lt]The only thing cheesier than the jokes on this menu is our mac n’ cheese. And it’s up to you to tell us what you want mixed in: fried chicken, steak or applewood-smoked bacon. [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=windowtext][B][FONT=Arial]pappardelle pasta[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][FONT=Minion Pro]-[/FONT][FONT=Burbank Big Cd Lt]Bow-tie shaped pasta with mushroom cream sauce and parmesan cheese. [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=windowtext]grilled salmon fillet[/COLOR][COLOR=windowtext]*[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][FONT=Minion Pro]-[/FONT][FONT=Burbank Big Cd Lt]Fish fanatics, feast on this fillet: salmon served with roasted pepper, tomato, black olives and capers. [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=windowtext][B][FONT=Arial]hen alla diavola[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][FONT=Minion Pro]-[/FONT][FONT=Burbank Big Cd Lt]They say the devil’s in the details. In this case, it’s in the details of how we prepare this dish [/FONT][FONT=Minion Pro]-[/FONT][FONT=Burbank Big Cd Lt]chicken split devil-style and grilled with lemon and hot pepper. [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=windowtext]punchline [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=windowtext][B][FONT=Arial]ice cream [/FONT][/B][/COLOR][FONT=Minion Pro]-[/FONT][FONT=Burbank Big Cd Lt]Ask your server about what flavors we’re scooping up today. [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=windowtext][B][FONT=Arial]caramelized cheese cake[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][FONT=Minion Pro]-[/FONT][FONT=Burbank Big Cd Lt]Slice of cheesecake with salted caramel. [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=windowtext][B][FONT=Arial]banana cream pie[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][FONT=Minion Pro]-[/FONT][FONT=Burbank Big Cd Lt]This cream pie is BANANAS! No, really. It’s classic banana cream pie with a touch of tamarind and hazelnut ice cream. [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=windowtext][B][FONT=Arial]mexican churros[/FONT][/B][/COLOR][FONT=Minion Pro]-[/FONT][FONT=Burbank Big Cd Lt]You guys have donuts. We have churros. Cinnamon-sugar fried dough served with a chocolate dough for dipping. ¡Que rico! [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=windowtext]bloody mary bar [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=Burbank Big Cd Lt][SIZE=3]Here’s a drink that’ll have your taste buds saying “olé” first thing in the morning. Mix and match from the list below to create your own customized cocktail, or have the bartender whip you up a unique creation. And by the way, vodka’s not the only spirit fitting for a Bloody Mary. At our bar, you can also try it with rum, gin or tequila. [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial][COLOR=windowtext][B]garnishes [/B][/COLOR][FONT=Burbank Big Cd Lt]– sea salt – black pepper – horseradish – lemon – lime – celery – olives – pepperoncinis – worcestershire sauce – tabasco sauce® – tabasco (jalapeño, chipotle & habanero) – cholula hot sauce (red, orange & green) – iguana xxx habanero hot sauce - iguana fearsome five hot sauce – iguana en fuego ultra hot sauce – melinda’s habanero xxxtra hot sauce – valentina hot sauce Available tableside or walk up to the fully-appointed bar. Price $7.75 and $8.75 [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica]Pantone 123C Pantone 166C Pantone 123C [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=windowtext]denotes healthy options which are low in fat, cholesterol and sodium [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

[COLOR=windowtext][FONT=Calibri][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]*Public Health Advisory: consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk for foodborne illness, especially if you have certain medical condit[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='mikeysed']2 questions: This brunch is in the MDR? and can you wear flip flops or do I need sneakers? After this I would be heading to the pool, so bathing suit, t shirt, flip flops is that allowed?[/quote]

No bathing suit/tshirt, shorts over suit with coverup, sandals okay.

Best thing on the menu was the steak which I got without the egg. Best steak on the ship! Had a bearnaise sauce on the side and a garlic type sauce which I dipped the fries in. Served with delicious spinach. Service was horribly slow, saw several tables leave before food arrived. This was on the Legend.

Archived