Just off the Valor 6/3-6/9

ETDub

Me and my newlywed bride just got home from an amazing honeymoon on the Valor. If I get the time I may try up a review. We had an L shaped balcony of deck 7 and just fell in love with cruising as this was our first cruise. I will give you some highlights from our trip.

Matt the cruise director was awesome. He is very entertaining and a very funny guy. Brad in the Piano bar was a constant stop after midnight and kept the fun times rolling. I enjoyed the Paris Hot Lounge once I realized you could smoke cigars in there and had some great conversations with fellow cruisers. Loved the Serenity area as well as the adults only aft pool. One thing I did notice was I did not see much in the chair hogging situation when we were not in our cabin :D.

The ports.

Key West: We just got out and walked around, hit Duval Street and did some shopping and then back to the ship.

Grand Cayman: Easily our favorite port. Did the dolphin swin at dolphin cove and that was one of the best experiences of my life. We then went to Stingray City and had a remarkable time. It amazes me how clear and beautiful the water is.

Ocho Rios: Jamaica is beautiful. Love climbing the falls, hated leaving the falls. Luckily I knew about the pushy vendors and even our bus driver warned us as to what was going to happen. After the falls we went to Dolphin Cove and got to hold the parrots and Inguana and headed to their small private beach and had a blast. Down note. When we took the bus back to port, the driver dropped us off at some shopping center a few blocks from port. Walking back we were asked if we wanted some weed or Ecstacy about 10 times. I tried my best to shield the new wife from them to the point she was off the sidewalk and almost off the curb.

The food we thought was great for the most part. Tried some food we would normally not try. The worst thing about this trip was hearing the anchor fall when we arrived back in Miami.

A side note, my beautiful and talented wife was Aretha Franklin in the Legends Show and rocked the house minus missing a line or two.

Me and my newlywed bride just got home from an amazing honeymoon on the Valor. If I get the time I may try up a review. We had an L shaped balcony of deck 7 and just fell in love with cruising as this was our first cruise. I will give you some highlights from our trip.

Matt the cruise director was awesome. He is very entertaining and a very funny guy. Brad in the Piano bar was a constant stop after midnight and kept the fun times rolling. I enjoyed the Paris Hot Lounge once I realized you could smoke cigars in there and had some great conversations with fellow cruisers. Loved the Serenity area as well as the adults only aft pool. One thing I did notice was I did not see much in the chair hogging situation when we were not in our cabin :D.

The ports.

Key West: We just got out and walked around, hit Duval Street and did some shopping and then back to the ship.

Grand Cayman: Easily our favorite port. Did the dolphin swin at dolphin cove and that was one of the best experiences of my life. We then went to Stingray City and had a remarkable time. It amazes me how clear and beautiful the water is.

Ocho Rios: Jamaica is beautiful. Love climbing the falls, hated leaving the falls. Luckily I knew about the pushy vendors and even our bus driver warned us as to what was going to happen. After the falls we went to Dolphin Cove and got to hold the parrots and Inguana and headed to their small private beach and had a blast. Down note. When we took the bus back to port, the driver dropped us off at some shopping center a few blocks from port. Walking back we were asked if we wanted some weed or Ecstacy about 10 times. I tried my best to shield the new wife from them to the point she was off the sidewalk and almost off the curb.

The food we thought was great for the most part. Tried some food we would normally not try. The worst thing about this trip was hearing the anchor fall when we arrived back in Miami.

A side note, my beautiful and talented wife was Aretha Franklin in the Legends Show and rocked the house minus missing a line or two.

Get out of here!!! I was on that cruise and saw her sing. She had a great voice. I'll post my review later this week. I am back at work and you know how that can go LOL

Glad you enjoyed your first and i know not your last cruise. You get hooked on cruising pretty easy. I will be on this same cruise Sept 9th. Same stops, same ship. I can't wait to get back to Key West and also visit Margaritaville in Mo Bay.

WOW!!

I was on the same cruise!! Not only did I see your lovely bride absolutely SHINE as Aretha, but I was also on deck 7 aft-balcony. What room number were ya'll in??

I'm still trying to get myself organized to do a revidew.

Archived