Why is there so much complaining?

Kaboochi

a couple things....

First although I know there is much to be grateful for (and I am...every day) there is no sin in being disappointed OR making your disappointment known to a business that you have given your hard earned money to. Just because there are people in dire straights/horrible life situations, does not mean that anyone who cruises should have to accept mediocrity...that's just silly.

If charity is something that calls to your heart, donate your money and time but keep it off these boards. CC is here so people can voice their opinions on cruise lines/ships etc.. That is what this web site is for.

second, isn't this thread a complaint???? :confused: Complaining about people complaining is a little odd isn't it???

Third and most importantly is this...The Carnival boards have a lot more negativity and complaining than this one for one reason. Here, on these boards, NCL people monitor the threads and when someone has a valid complaint, NCL comes in and fixes it.

carnival does NOT do this...so threads of negativity continue on for sometimes weeks/months.

NCL prevents this by taking charge and fixing things before they escalate.

THIS is the sign of a good business and one I prefer to spend my money with.

:)

a couple things....

First although I know there is much to be grateful for (and I am...every day) there is no sin in being disappointed OR making your disappointment known to a business that you have given your hard earned money to. Just because there are people in dire straights/horrible life situations, does not mean that anyone who cruises should have to accept mediocrity...that's just silly.

If charity is something that calls to your heart, donate your money and time but keep it off these boards. CC is here so people can voice their opinions on cruise lines/ships etc.. That is what this web site is for.

second, isn't this thread a complaint???? :confused: Complaining about people complaining is a little odd isn't it???

Third and most importantly is this...The Carnival boards have a lot more negativity and complaining than this one for one reason. Here, on these boards, NCL people monitor the threads and when someone has a valid complaint, NCL comes in and fixes it.

carnival does NOT do this...so threads of negativity continue on for sometimes weeks/months.

Dangnabit, where did I put that "like" button?:D

a couple things....

Amen!!

We have cruised 6 times of which one was on NCL. This was in January. We have never been treated so well as we were on that cruise. We were treated so well by folks from NCL on the phone and through emails that we booked a second cruise with them before we even left on the first. Now I am searching for a third that will fit in to my vacation time.

Sure there were some glitches. Like the window blind in the bathroom not working so our trying not to scare folks on their balconies on the ship docked next to us. But it will give me something to chuckle about in my old age.:D

After reading this, I checked out the Carnival section of CC. This NCL section is a walk in the park by comparison. Lots and lots of un-happy Carnival loyalists.

Exactly. My first thought when I saw the title of this thread was "did the OP mean to post this on the CCL board and end up here by mistake?" ;) Lots of unhappy passengers over there right now. I really haven't been seeing too much complaining around these parts lately.

This really is a most ridiculous thread. As a previous poster stated, it's a board for people to express their thoughts and opinions on their cruise.

If everyone restricted their thoughts to how good it is to be able to afford a cruise and how dare those who find issues bring them to the table, what sort of world would we live in?

By all means praise when deserved, but don't hesitate to damn when it is also deserved. Otherwise, nothing will improve. It's called democracy and I'm proud it exists.

Cruises to me are a wonderful way to explore south of the US. For the most part service, food, etc are wonderful. Once in a while there is a "burp"' but does not ruin my trip. Why do I read so many complaints?

These boards and posts are a great teacher. Being a student of zen and the Tao, I find great lessons. Especially when reading complaints. And the reactions that follow.

Enjoy this quote for what it is: "See if you can catch yourself complaining in either speech or thought, about a situation you find yourself in, what other people do or say, your surroundings, your life situation, even the weather. To complain is always nonacceptance of what is. It invariably carries an unconscious negative charge. When you complain, you make yourself a victim. Leave the situation or accept it. All else is madness." Eckhart Tolle

Once I posted a report of our cruise noting that NCL no longer offers free "welcome" drinks and some other things. Overall, we had a great cruise, but I thought I will let others know what to expect.

Well, somebody's comment was: oh, you had miserable time, why are you complaining, it was your choice to do a cruise, and on and on :D

(report posted on another travel website, not Cruise Critic, but could've happened here too!)

a couple things....

.......Must....find.....'like' button.........

On the first day of my cruise I discovered NCL had canceled one of our excursions, and rescheduled another so that I now held tickets for two excursions at the same time. This cost me a half hour of my day. We were also served almost completely raw meat (I promise, no exaggeration) in Moderno, twice.

I almost never let things get me angry or upset (outside of work, that is). And you know what? That half-hour represented 0.2% of my time aboard. And other than the raw meat, I've never eaten as well as I did aboard the Dawn. Some people may have chosen to allow these things to ruin their entire vacation. I don't even consider them worth remembering. I had an amazing time. If I wanted to be miserable and complain about what I eat, I can do that at home for free.

Don't kid yourself - complaining at home is not free - you will probably pay for it one way or the other. LOL

It's fun to trace the genealogy of a complaint! Someone posts a complaint, somebody complains about the complaint, then the complaints about the complaint complaint start coming in....you need ancestry . com to figure it out!

it may only be monday.....

but im gonna go with "post of the week"

:D

Archived