Just back from our 2nd cruise on Summit....

fritzi164

We just returned from Summit cruise to Bermuda returning 6-10...

Thought you would like to hear our experience since we did the same exact cruise year before, prior to refurb...

One of the reasons we booked same ship was to see all the changes..We were not disappointed,,very happy with aqua class choice,,one of the things we were not happy with year before was the mdr, and after first night chose never to go back and ate at other venues.

Blu was wonderful!! Small, beautiful decor,intimate, nice menu and like everywhere else on the ship excellent service,.

Prior to boarding I had prepaid for one meal in Qsine, and another in Normandie, If I knew we were going to be as happy with Blu, may not have prepaid those options.

Qsine was alot of fun, decor was very funky, it is all in the presentation, but to be honest, food wise, not very memorable, the kind of place you may want to try once. Our last night we dined in Normandie, did not disappoint, fabulous menu and service. Great choice for special occasion.

As far as our room , we were on the ninth floor, yes there was an overhang but had no problem with any overhead noise.

One observation on these boards, you can read them and go crazy with decisions you make, worrying and second guessing every choice, my theory, take all posts and reviews and use as a guide, after initially reading all the talk of being on the 9th floor and that's where they "stick" aqua class guests", I admit I was worrying, but let it go and ended up being very happy. Our attendent was wonderful, can't stress enough how good service is on this ship. Everyone seems so happy and ready to please, but not in an over solicitous manner.

Enjoyed the entertainment, loved the female comedian Michele Balan, and we were fortunate to have Doug Cameron , jazz violinist on again, he was on our last year's cruise.

Weather was much different than last years , but never prevented us from having a great time, enjoyed the ferry to Hamilton, spent time on one of our favorite beaches, Warwick, and discovered the sea glass beach,

(check out on Bermuda forum).

Love the Summit, Love Celebrity,

and we are actually considering doing this one more time next year,,,are we crazy?

Reason being, we have been to many lovely islands,we like the 3 day in one spot, and being we are from Jersey, the Bayonne port is so easy and stress free...

We were docked next to you on the Star, my husband and I loved looking at the Summit! We are on Solstice in September and cannot wait to get back on Celebrity.

We also went to Hamilton, managed to get to Horseshoe the first day for some sun. We made the best of it despite the weather. Our kids were with us,(college age) and they enjoyed Bermuda better than we thought. We were disappointed that the festival was canceled Wednesday in Hamilton, but you can't control weather.

Sounds like you had a great cruise! We may try Bermuda again on X if there is one out of Bayonne or NYC.

Thank you so much for your lovely report. We had originally booked a CC veranda on the Summit and later changed to Aqua Class. It's so nice to hear positive things about Blu--I'm really looking forward to it!

I appreciate you taking the time to write your review(welcome home!). I'm sailing on the Summit in September, and I wanted to ask what turned you off the MDR? I understand you were dissatisfied after your first cruise too, so were the issues you disliked still present? Was it the service, the food, the atmosphere? Did you have traditional or select seating?

I appreciate you taking the time to write your review(welcome home!). I'm sailing on the Summit in September, and I wanted to ask what turned you off the MDR? I understand you were dissatisfied after your first cruise too, so were the issues you disliked still present? Was it the service, the food, the atmosphere? Did you have traditional or select seating?

Food is such a subjective issue. We were on the 27 May Summit cruise to Bermuda, and all I can tell you from my perspective, the food, dining room atmosphere, service, etc., was outstanding. We had no issues with the exception that the Asst Waiter kept our water glasses filled all the time and kept bringing iced tea to everyone after they sat down. I guess if you wanted to complain about that, you could since no one at the table drank iced tea. :D

We sat in Late Seating, lower level, Starboard side, 3rd table for 6 in, next to the window, Table 143. Our guys were superb.

Regarding the mdr, I am sure the food is fine, but my husband and I prefer a smaller, more intimate venue. We also prefer not sitting with a group of people we may not choose to dine with... Don't take that the wrong way, we do enjoy meeting other couples and chatting , but not all the time.

It is true at Blu tables are a bit close, and we often chatted with the couples next to us, but it was an option that we played by ear each meal..

Hi Fritzi,

Thanks for your very informative review. Glad to hear you had an excellent time on Summit. Welcome Home !

We were on this sailing as well in AQ 9116. We do not have enough good things to say about Blu!! Everything we ate was fantastic! The staff were so pleasant... especially the cocktail waitress Olga. What a sweetheart. We never did eat in the MDR because we were just too pleased with what we experienced in Blu. :D

We were on this sailing as well in AQ 9116. We do not have enough good things to say about Blu!! Everything we ate was fantastic! The staff were so pleasant... especially the cocktail waitress Olga. What a sweetheart. We never did eat in the MDR because we were just too pleased with what we experienced in Blu. :D

Just a quick note about the aqua spa cafe. This was one of our favorite spots for breakfast and lunch. Since we were aqua class we did have breakfast at Blu most mornings, but the aqua spa cafe has great offerings on the lighter side. The best part about the food here is the presentation, the lunches are delicious, but not too heavy,and like everywhere else on the ship, outstanding service.

My friends sailed with you, they also had a great time. I thought Celebrity is not going out of Bayonne next year, but maybe I'm wrong. Thanks for your review.

Hi, yes Celebrity is going out of Bayonne next year:D.....Summit

does Bermuda again and then New England/Canada.

The ship that did it earlier was Silhlouette...she is not sailing from there

anymore.

Thought you would like to hear our experience since we did the same exact cruise year before, prior to refurb...

One of the reasons we booked same ship was to see all the changes..We were not disappointed,,very happy with aqua class choice,,one of the things we were not happy with year before was the mdr, and after first night chose never to go back and ate at other venues.

Blu was wonderful!! Small, beautiful decor,intimate, nice menu and like everywhere else on the ship excellent service,.

Prior to boarding I had prepaid for one meal in Qsine, and another in Normandie, If I knew we were going to be as happy with Blu, may not have prepaid those options.

Qsine was alot of fun, decor was very funky, it is all in the presentation, but to be honest, food wise, not very memorable, the kind of place you may want to try once. Our last night we dined in Normandie, did not disappoint, fabulous menu and service. Great choice for special occasion.

As far as our room , we were on the ninth floor, yes there was an overhang but had no problem with any overhead noise.

One observation on these boards, you can read them and go crazy with decisions you make, worrying and second guessing every choice, my theory, take all posts and reviews and use as a guide, after initially reading all the talk of being on the 9th floor and that's where they "stick" aqua class guests", I admit I was worrying, but let it go and ended up being very happy. Our attendent was wonderful, can't stress enough how good service is on this ship. Everyone seems so happy and ready to please, but not in an over solicitous manner.

Enjoyed the entertainment, loved the female comedian Michele Balan, and we were fortunate to have Doug Cameron , jazz violinist on again, he was on our last year's cruise.

Weather was much different than last years , but never prevented us from having a great time, enjoyed the ferry to Hamilton, spent time on one of our favorite beaches, Warwick, and discovered the sea glass beach,

and we are actually considering doing this one more time next year,,,are we crazy?

Reason being, we have been to many lovely islands,we like the 3 day in one spot, and being we are from Jersey, the Bayonne port is so easy and stress free...

Glad you had such a good time and no, you are not crazy:D.....or

maybe crazy like a fox;)...I just booked her for November and it will

be my 5th time sailing her....cannot wait!

• 1 month later...

Would you be so kind as to give details about your room? Noise? Bathroom condition? Who were your room stewarts? So happy to hear a great review about one of the rooms we have booked for August.

Archived