Princess ship souvenir models

DeloreanGirl

Hi all,

I've made it a habit to collect the ship models from the last 5 cruises we've been on. My travel bookshelf has 5 ships in it and I was excited to pick up a Caribbean Princess to add to the "fleet". When I got the the gift store, all they had was a lousy 4-inch model and a x-mas ornament. No larger sized model.

Did they completely go away? Is it just the CB that they don't sell anymore? I think they used to be $19.99 or so. :(

Does anyone know of a place where I could still get one (perhaps the company that makes them?) I've tried Google and Ebay to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by DeloreanGirl

They could have just been out of them, oddly back in May '11, they had models of the Tahitian Princess and the Royal Princess, so I'm sure they might have them next time. Theres only one company I know of, but they charge like $300+.

They were probably just out. If anyone has an extra they want to sell of the original Crown or Island Princess I'm looking for both to complete my collection.

Thanks!

Do you think if I contacted corporate or one of the various email addresses I could get through to someone to purchase one from Princess directly?

The guys in the gift shop seemed bewildered when I asked where the "bigger models were". All he pointed out was a small one and an ornament. I'll poke around and see if anyone answers me. That, or I can drive across town to headquarters and literally walk into the Princess building. :p

Thanks!

Do you think if I contacted corporate or one of the various email addresses I could get through to someone to purchase one from Princess directly?

The guys in the gift shop seemed bewildered when I asked where the "bigger models were". All he pointed out was a small one and an ornament. I'll poke around and see if anyone answers me. That, or I can drive across town to headquarters and literally walk into the Princess building. :p

It's worth a shot, don't know how they don't know what you were talking about since all their ships and even all lines sell the models.

Edited by CruiseAdict218

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks!

We collect these ships, as well, and I ran into the same problem once, possibly on the Caribbean now that I think of it. I was told they had simply sold out. I have definitely seen them as recently as our March 2012 cruise on the Crown. If you're talking about the approximately 6 1/2" one. I haven't personally seen a smaller one that that, other than the ornament.

Oh, and you can definitely find them on eBay. You just have to keep checking. I've gotten a couple that way, as well (we didn't start collecting until we'd done a few cruises.)

Unfortunately, I did try both emailing and calling - and even contacting someone "on the inside" - Princess HQ and they said they have no access to the models. The only place you can get them is on the ship itself (or eBay.)

Hope that helps. Best of luck.

And - since it was mentioned above - in case anyone out there might have one, we're missing the model of the Tahitian Princess. I'm on eBay nearly every day, but no luck. If anyone has an "extra" they'd be willing to part with .... ;)

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

We collect these ships, as well, and I ran into the same problem once, possibly on the Caribbean now that I think of it. I was told they had simply sold out. I have definitely seen them as recently as our March 2012 cruise on the Crown. If you're talking about the approximately 6 1/2" one. I haven't personally seen a smaller one that that, other than the ornament.

Oh, and you can definitely find them on eBay. You just have to keep checking. I've gotten a couple that way, as well (we didn't start collecting until we'd done a few cruises.)

Unfortunately, I did try both emailing and calling - and even contacting someone "on the inside" - Princess HQ and they said they have no access to the models. The only place you can get them is on the ship itself (or eBay.)

And - since it was mentioned above - in case anyone out there might have one, we're missing the model of the Tahitian Princess. I'm on eBay nearly every day, but no luck. If anyone has an "extra" they'd be willing to part with .... ;)

I actually got mine on the Caribbean Princess, so maybe on your next Princess cruise you might find one, my aunt got it for me during a sale on the last day. Also I know a person on e-Bay that could have that model, he's going to e-mail me it later a list of which ones he has.

It would have looked like this...

Looking at the picture closely, thats actually my model, LOL!

Edited by CruiseAdict218

Thanks so much!

I was shocked when they didn't have it at the gift store. They looked at me like I was crazy. They pointed out the tiny 3-4" model and I was like "oh no, this came in a blue cardboard box and it was way bigger". It looked like they had no idea what I was talking about. Luckily that person on YouTube filmed their collection so I know it exists! :D There's a few on eBay going for $300 but they are larger, I think, with nice wooden bases. This is simply the one with the stubby plastic base with the felt and sticker underneath.

I'll keep hunting. Thanks!

Thanks so much!

I was shocked when they didn't have it at the gift store. They looked at me like I was crazy. They pointed out the tiny 3-4" model and I was like "oh no, this came in a blue cardboard box and it was way bigger". It looked like they had no idea what I was talking about. Luckily that person on YouTube filmed their collection so I know it exists! :D There's a few on eBay going for $300 but they are larger, I think, with nice wooden bases. This is simply the one with the stubby plastic base with the felt and sticker underneath.

You're welcome. ;)

Edited by CruiseAdict218

Thanks!

Emily, I doubt that corporate headquarter will have inventory of ship souvenirs. I will be going on the Caribbean Princess in August. I can go to gift shop to look for you if you let me know what exactly you are looking for. P.S. great review of your British Isles cruise!

I actually got mine on the Caribbean Princess, so maybe on your next Princess cruise you might find one, my aunt got it for me during a sale on the last day. Also I know a person on e-Bay that could have that model, he's going to e-mail me it later a list of which ones he has.

Thank you so much for checking into that. You're very thoughtful.

And yes, I'd heard from a few people here on CC that they got a Tahitian model on the Caribbean and on the Crown at the "fire sale". I've checked out those sales on all our past cruises the past year +, but no luck on the Tahitian model.

I actually found one last summer listed on a New Zealand website sort like eBay, but it did not permit non-Kiwis to join or participate or even to communicate with the people listing items. Just keeping my eyes peeled. Will look forward to hearing if your friend possibly has one. It's the only one we have left to complete our collection. ;)

Thanks so much!

I really do check the eBay and the web in general almost daily. I'll tag this thread and, if I run across one, I'll post on here.

Best of luck!

Emily, I doubt that corporate headquarter will have inventory of ship souvenirs. I will be going on the Caribbean Princess in August. I can go to gift shop to look for you if you let me know what exactly you are looking for. P.S. great review of your British Isles cruise!

Yes!! Oh please, oh please, oh please if they have one I will overnight you a cashier's check with shipping expenses.

It should be in a blue carboard box and is roughly 9-inches long and is definitely not the tiny little one they have currently on display. Basically, it should be slightly longer than your hand. I've attached a sample photo of what it looks like for another ship (currently on eBay).

I have a Princess, 3 RCCLS and a Disney that are all roughly the same size and (except for Disney) are from the same maker, you can tell. It should have a white plastic base that says "Caribbean Princess" on it and a blue felt bottom with a gold sticker that has the ship's status.

Back in the day, I thought they were $19.99 or somewhere around there. Regardless, if anyone can find it, I'd be happy to reimburse you with a PayPal transfer or cashier's check. :o

Thanks in advance!

Model.jpg.ce54039a85ccd9dcfb877835a35fb2bf.jpg

Edited by DeloreanGirl

I actually got mine on the Caribbean Princess, so maybe on your next Princess cruise you might find one, my aunt got it for me during a sale on the last day.

Those last day sales (usually in a dining room) are for obsolete and discontinued merchandise, so it may be this type model is no longer sold onboard the ships.

Those last day sales (usually in a dining room) are for obsolete and discontinued merchandise, so it may be this type model is no longer sold onboard the ships.

Oh, I did not know that, and the two models I got were the Tahitian which became the Ocean, and the Royal Princess, which was transferred to P&O; so that makes sense.

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

I'm still on the hunt for my beloved Caribbean Princess ship model. It should look like this (photo attached) except of course say Caribbean. I'm keeping a hawk eye on eBay still.... :o

Emily:

Just off the CB from our British Isles Cruise. I remembered this thread from prior to our leaving, and did check out the gift shop on the ship and did not see anything even coming close to the model you are hoping to find. Maybe they are out of stock and may come back later, but as of last week, they didn't have any.

Absolutely loved your in-depth review of your British Isles Cruise. We used it extensively in our last minute preparations, and really loved your map of the "route" from the South Queensferry tender dock to the train station. We did that trip and absolutely loved the experience. Thanks again!!

Edited by jcarlisle

My wife and i are going on the Ocean Princess in a couple of weeks. it used to be the Tahitian, would you like that model? we can buy it and send it to you if you want.

My wife and i are going on the Ocean Princess in a couple of weeks. it used to be the Tahitian, would you like that model? we can buy it and send it to you if you want.

Well, hello neighbor! You are VERY kind. Thank you so much for thinking of me, and for remembering this thread. I would like that very much. If they have the model of the Ocean, it would be a wonderful way to complete our collection.

I will happily reimburse you for any costs for the model and mailing; in fact, I'd be happy to send you money before you leave. Just let me know what you prefer.

Happy to discuss how to communicate more directly at your convenience.

Thanks again! :D

P.S. - if you haven't been on the Ocean, I think you'll enjoy her. She's a beautiful little ship. What's your itinerary? We did French Polynesia and Hawaii aboard her, and it was just amazing!

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

Well, hello neighbor! You are VERY kind. Thank you so much for thinking of me, and for remembering this thread. I would like that very much. If they have the model of the Ocean, it would be a wonderful way to complete our collection.

I will happily reimburse you for any costs for the model and mailing; in fact, I'd be happy to send you money before you leave. Just let me know what you prefer.

Happy to discuss how to communicate more directly at your convenience.

Thanks again! :D

P.S. - if you haven't been on the Ocean, I think you'll enjoy her. She's a beautiful little ship. What's your itinerary? We did French Polynesia and Hawaii aboard her, and it was just amazing!

it's not a problem at all neighbor! When my wife and I get back I'll send you a private message so we can discuss getting it to you. We actually did the same thing several years ago for another member. No money is needed up front.

It is our first time on the ship and our first time on a small ship We're doing the British Isles cruise on aug 17th. and then spending a few days in London afterwards. My first time in Europe! looking forward to it. More so after reading DeoreanGirl's recent review!

it's not a problem at all neighbor! When my wife and I get back I'll send you a private message so we can discuss getting it to you. We actually did the same thing several years ago for another member. No money is needed up front.

It is our first time on the ship and our first time on a small ship We're doing the British Isles cruise on aug 17th. and then spending a few days in London afterwards. My first time in Europe! looking forward to it. More so after reading DeoreanGirl's recent review!

I'm very jealous of your itinerary. I've been looking at the same one DeloreanGirl wrote about, myself. It's definitely high on our list (after the 3 we've already got scheduled.) :o I'd very much like to hear your thoughts on the trip when you return, as well.

Our FP-Hawaii trip was our first on the R-class ships, as well. We were a little bit concerned, as we like all the activity options available on the bigger ships. But, it turned out to be a wonderful experience. Also, on the port-intensive portions of our cruise, we didn't notice anything missing at all. It was a great experience, and I'm sure yours will be, as well.

And thank you again for your very kind offer. I'll look forward to connecting with you when you return.

Bon voyage! :D

p.s - you may well already know, but here are a couple of things that surprised many Princess regulars about the Ocean (nee Tahitian) Princess: 1) the pool is Salt Water; and 2) while the ship does offer Sabatini's and the Sterling Steak House, they do not both operate on the same night - they will usually offer one venue for a couple nights and then switch to the other for a couple nights, as they use the same galley and same small staff, though they are in separate spaces on deck 10 aft. If you have any questions about the ship, I'd be happy to offer any insights (that I can remember.) ;)