Help w/ Priceline

Hi all,

I have been reading threads re: hotels in Miami. We are doing the Victory on 12/4 and are flying in a day early. As a family of 4, I have no guarantees of accomodating that size in a room with priceline. Has anyone done so, and if so, what suggestions do you have.

Thx in advance

Mike

We have used priceline several times and each time I have called the hotel after my bid went through to request rooms with 2 beds and have always gotten it. Also requested non smoking and never a problem.

Are you flying in to Fort Lauderdale by chance? Is so, and you can follow the guidelines posted on www. betterbidding.com & biddingfortravel.com for Amerisuites (2.5* downtown FLL I believe), you'll definitely be able to accomodate 4 people.

Of course, there are no gaurentees with Priceline, but it's been my past experience that calling the hotel once you've won will likely get your requests. It has worked for us, at least.

Good luck!

A~

We have always had good luck with Priceline hotels, always gotten rooms with 2 beds if we called the hotel after winning the bid and requesting it. Be sure to look at biddingfortravel.com for hotel lists and how to bid, its a great tool to guide you on Priceline.

Good luck!

Just4 : Thanks for the input. I am flying direct to MIA for only $40 more than what it'd be to FLL ..Thats worth saving the 40 minute ride and cost of ride for sure--normally the difference is over $100 or so to go to FLL..

Swiss: I have looked over thats site, and have a sense of what the Hyatt and Marriott can be had for..I guess I will give it a shot and go for it.

Happy sails,

Mike

We are a family of four and have used Priceline. Usually we do not have a problem with space in one room. My DW and I share a bed, my son (17) in one bed and usually we can get a cot. It is only for one night and it works squeezing in.

Most of the hotels are accomodating.

Mike,

We have won the Hyatt two times, both times we paid $80. If they don't accept your bid the first time, be patient. Somedays they accept lower bids then others, you just have to wait 72 hrs to rebid.

It took me 6 weeks to bid on a 3* hotel in downtown Miami. Patience is neccessary there. Figure out what the highest is you will bid and dont go over that. Also- consider when you are using the hotel- if you are a long time out-- wait a few more months. Easier to wait 3 months in advance to use priceline. Book a hotel that you can cancel without penalty just in case. PS- we paid 40 bucks for the Hyatt in Miami

I've used Priceline alot and the above website is the nicest, most helpful I have used. "Thereuare" is the moderator and he has so much information and helps with your research. There definitely is a stategy to getting the best price.

http://www.biddingfortravel.com 's moderator is kind of snotty and condesending. I don't care for that website at all.

In October 2003 we got the Sheraton in Miami for $48 which included all taxes and fees - and I got 4 rooms at that price. From our room we could see the port and the Explorer of the Seas (our ship!)

In October 2004 I got the Roosevelt Hotel in NYC, Midtown for $118 which was also with all taxes and fees for a 1 nite pre-cruise on the Empress repositioning to San Juan. (Compared to $325 on their website).

Wyndam in San Juan went for $75 last October.

The only time we got busted on not enough beds was in Orlando for a pre-Universal vacation stay. I can't remember the hotel, but it had 1 queen and a recliner (the room was sort of like an efficiency apt) and our 13 yr old son had to sleep on the recliner. It was only 1 night and we stayed at the lovely Royal Pacific Resort for the next 4 nights on Universal property.

And you are correct Priceline can get addicting. It's like a competition.

Do you know about free bid zones? Check out http://www.betterbidding. com. It explains everything.

Kathy

We got Hyatt Miami for $57 on Priceline for upcoming Valor cruise. Guess it depends on time of year & other factors. I use it often & have had real good luck so far.

jkloni: I totally agree about that moderator. Glad to see I am not the only one. :D

BrendaB1,

I've wondered why people continue to use that website and get abused. I just stopped reading it because it upset me at how condesending and scolding she/he was. So now I guess I'm just staying away from what I don't like! To each his own....

Glad Priceline works for you too! I've not used it for air travel, but have for hotels and car rentals. I've always been happy.

Oh, and pre-cruise in Waikiki at Sheraton Princess Kualani $62! Our friends went thru the cruiseline and spent $500 for one night at the Sheraton Mauna on the beach (it was like $275 each). We were across the street.

Archived