Yukon-Question about drive From Skagway

smellywax

• 2 weeks later...

I am just returning from Caribou Crossing. To see the kennel it is about $10 US which includes the museum. Can not purchase it separate. Very worthwhile to my room mates who said it was excellent and did have puppies. They DID NOT go on the cart ride, so no information on that.

I just want to see the puppies....can you go there to see them?

I was there last week. It's about a mile past the "town" of Carcross. I think they called it Frontierland.

It cost about $2 US to get in to see the puppies. You actually walk through the museum. I would have liked to spend time in the museum as well, but we ran out of time.

There are some really nice sled dogs, and about 5 puppies. The people there are wonderfully friendly, and answer all your questions. And yes, they let you sit on the ground and play with the puppies! There was also a gorgeous Golden Retriever there who was The Pet, not a sled dog. I fell in love with her, and we spent some time together. :)

Definitely a highlight of my trip to the Yukon.

Linda

We pulled in a couple of weeks ago and the first thing I saw was a fake reindeer standing in the trees...thought it was odd but walked up to museum and looked up and saw fake mountain goats standing on cliffs....puppies are cute but this place is a bit too fake...

Mike

We pulled in a couple of weeks ago and the first thing I saw was a fake reindeer standing in the trees...thought it was odd but walked up to museum and looked up and saw fake mountain goats standing on cliffs....puppies are cute but this place is a bit too fake...

Mike

Lol! My boyfriend started to take a picture of the mountain goats.... :D

I didn't think it was "fake" so much as just a little friendly leg-pulling. I enjoyed what I saw of the museum, though. The size of that polar bear blew me away!

Linda

I must have missed something. Where did you have the killer chicken? My guess is not at the puppy place. Also, does the puppy place have a name? Thanks, Sally:)

Sally, it's a little cafe right next door to where they keep the sled dogs and puppies. :) In fact it's all one place, and here is the link: http://www.cariboucrossing.ca/

Linda

Just returned from 2 weeks cruising in Alaska. We rented a van and went up to Caribou Crossing. The full package price was $52 for adults and $42 for children and included the museum, kennel, and about a 15 minute dog cart ride. Michelle, the kennel owner was great and they had 8 week old puppies to pet and play with.

-Vickie

Archived