Diamonds in December

I, too, am hoping for the info since we've booked our first ever B2B. Sailing one week with one group of friends, and the second with a different group of friends, so the Diamond bonus, will be a great Bonus in addition!:)

Diamonds in December is a special promotion that gives you double cruise points, more I think if you book a Suite. It's great if you are trying to get to the next level. We are booked on Allure in early Dec and then Monarch for NYE, it will be our 3rd time ringing in the NY on Monarch. I hear she will be sold in 2013.

Last year Royal had Diamonds in December. For it's diamond members and higher, they offered double points for standard rooms and triple points for suites in december. I think they also had other perks. I missed it last year but I won't this year. A pretty smart promotion to keep ships full in a normally slow period.

Last year Royal had Diamonds in December. For it's diamond members and higher, they offered double points for standard rooms and triple points for suites in december. I think they also had other perks. I missed it last year but I won't this year. A pretty smart promotion to keep ships full in a normally slow period.

Oh! I understand now. I'm only Emerald and won't be diamond until next summer so it looks like I have to wait until next year. I hope they have it again. Sounds like a fantastic promotion.

you have to sail in december to take advantage??

Correct. Great motivation for me -- I'm close to D+. Can you imagine a better time to get out of Buffalo, NY with my wife for a cruise than December??? I guess I'll have to get someone to plow my driveway before I get home if they do diamonds in december this year.

They'll give you double points on a cruise that you already booked for December? When is the announcement expected?

Yeah. Existing bookings are included, but you have to already be Diamond or higher to take advantage.

We booked our December 2011 cruise in January and got double points.

On my cruise last December the LA said D in Dec would happen this December as well and they were heavily advertising the 8 day Independence cruise this December. I asked before I booked it. Hopefully she was talking from knowledge.

The Diamond Celebration is a great way to rack up cruise points. We have already booked a December cruise in anticipation that they will offer the deal again. If not, well, we'll still have a wonderful time, as always!

Last year, DW and I did an 18 night Mediterranean cruise. We got 36 points which put us into Diamond Plus. The Diamond (or higher) in GS (or higher) got 54 points. That's a lot for one cruise!

We were told that when we booked our JS for our 10 night caribbean cruise we would receive 30! points during the Diamonds in Dec event. Should we believe the Loyalty Ambassador person who booked our cruise onboard for us? This would make us Diamond Plus after this cruise if it is true! Our cruise is Dec 13-22 2012. Thanks for any info!

We were told that when we booked our JS for our 10 night caribbean cruise we would receive 30! points during the Diamonds in Dec event. Should we believe the Loyalty Ambassador person who booked our cruise onboard for us? This would make us Diamond Plus after this cruise if it is true! Our cruise is Dec 13-22 2012. Thanks for any info!

Yes, if you are already Diamond status with RCI. It is a great promotion they run! :D

Archived