Prinsendam cabin help

LuckyDogsV&E

Hi,

Sure would appreciate some help. We are looking at taking the 29 Day Baltic, Norway and British Isles Voyage this July. Booking a little late so not a whole lot left in OV cabins. Have a choice of E Guarantee or a couple of D Cat. cabins. Cabins D360, 364 & 366. These all look to be under what looks like to me the kitchen. Was wondering if anyone has had these cabins and noticed much noise from above.:rolleyes:

Hi,

Sure would appreciate some help. We are looking at taking the 29 Day Baltic, Norway and British Isles Voyage this July. Booking a little late so not a whole lot left in OV cabins. Have a choice of E Guarantee or a couple of D Cat. cabins. Cabins D360, 364 & 366. These all look to be under what looks like to me the kitchen. Was wondering if anyone has had these cabins and noticed much noise from above.:rolleyes:

I haven't been in your cabins but know others who have been. I didn't hear any complaints about kitchen noise.

The E guarantee avoids the kitchen and the risk of the noise - however there is some noise in the aft portion of the ship and some vibration. Now that I have heard complaints about (but they were in the AB category - the new cabins).

I guess it depends upon which would cause you more concern or bother you more on the cruise.

Personally (opinion only), this ship is built totally different and I think there was some work done in the original cabins to insulate against noise.

Category D and E are all original cabins I believe so I wouldn't be too concerned about kitchen noise:)

Hi,

Looks to me like those "D" cabins are under both the Lower Promenade Deck & the Kitchen..

Good question! Doubt you would hear anything after 10-11 at night but you might get some a.m. noise when they start breakfast..

However, Kazu probably is right..She's been on the Prinsendam more than we have..

We're booked in an "E" cabin which is quite close to the Atrium next Jan..Several years ago we & our Friends were in E 320 + E322 & they were both excellent..I'm not sure I would want to be in an "E" or an "F" AFT cabin though..

Cheers...:)Betty

No guarantees on this but from my tour last year I don't think you would have a problem. On the Prinsendam much of the serious food preparation is done on a lower deck (the deck used to access the tenders) and taken up by lift. I think the galley section next to the dining room just puts the final touches on the dishes, and probably doesn't get the kind of early morning cooking that goes on in most galleys.

Roy

I haven't been in your cabins but know others who have been. I didn't hear any complaints about kitchen noise.

The E guarantee avoids the kitchen and the risk of the noise - however there is some noise in the aft portion of the ship and some vibration. Now that I have heard complaints about (but they were in the AB category - the new cabins).

I guess it depends upon which would cause you more concern or bother you more on the cruise.

Personally (opinion only), this ship is built totally different and I think there was some work done in the original cabins to insulate against noise.

Category D and E are all original cabins I believe so I wouldn't be too concerned about kitchen noise:)

Thanks for you input. After looking more I think I would like to be on the Main deck and with the E Guarentee it could be on the Dolphin Deck or near the aft so I guess the D cabins would be best.

Thanks also to Betty and Roy.

Looks to me like those "D" cabins are under both the Promenade Deck & the Kitchen..

Good question! Doubt you would hear anything after 10-11 at night but you might get some a.m. noise when they start breakfast..

However, Kazu probably is right..She's been on the Prinsendam more than we have..

We're booked in an "E" cabin which is quite close to the Atrium next Jan..Several years ago we & our Friends were in E 320 + E322 & they were both excellent..I'm not sure I would want to be in an "E" or an "F" AFT cabin though..

Cheers...:)Betty

Betty - I don't think we have been on more than you:o I am only reporting what I was told by fellow cruisers. A 20 day cruise gives you lots of time to meet people and ask and compare. Mind you all reports, like all reviews have to be taken with a grain of salt:)

We have done E guarantees on the Prinsendam twice and both times ended up in aft category E cabins (479 and 382). The cabins were just fine but both had some issues with vibration. In 479 when the ship was making some speed there were definite vibrations -- we learned to position the bathroom door so that they were minimized. In 382 we were awakened in the mornings when the ship pulled into port by loud vibrations. To us, neither was an issue and we had great cruises anyway. Both of the mentioned cabins had the plexiglass over the windows so that we did not have access to the window sill but the plexiglass does help to minimize the noise also.

We have also stayed in 445 -- no plexiglass no particular vibration issues -- that was the cruise where we had the opportunity to choose our cabin. Very nice cabin.

In general the sound insulation on the Prinsendam (in the old cabins) is excellent. The cabin doors are inset by a small hallway from the long halls which allows the bathroom and walk-in closets to run along the main hallway wall and buffer the cabin from the sounds of what occurs in the hallway.

We have done E guarantees on the Prinsendam twice and both times ended up in aft category E cabins (479 and 382). The cabins were just fine but both had some issues with vibration. In 479 when the ship was making some speed there were definite vibrations -- we learned to position the bathroom door so that they were minimized. In 382 we were awakened in the mornings when the ship pulled into port by loud vibrations. To us, neither was an issue and we had great cruises anyway. Both of the mentioned cabins had the plexiglass over the windows so that we did not have access to the window sill but the plexiglass does help to minimize the noise also.

We have also stayed in 445 -- no plexiglass no particular vibration issues -- that was the cruise where we had the opportunity to choose our cabin. Very nice cabin.

In general the sound insulation on the Prinsendam (in the old cabins) is excellent. The cabin doors are inset by a small hallway from the long halls which allows the bathroom and walk-in closets to run along the main hallway wall and buffer the cabin from the sounds of what occurs in the hallway.

Our favorite is 443--because of no tub. I read that the rear cabins on the portside can be stinky on refueling days.

Our favorite is 443--because of no tub. I read that the rear cabins on the portside can be stinky on refueling days.

Thanks for all the information. It is a great help. We took a guarantee cabin in March on the Niew Amsterdam and got a 4 category upgrade but I think with the Prinsedam being small and full that will not happen and as you said it will probably stay in the E category. For a trip this long I think I will go ahead and pick a cabin in D.

Archived