Found Two Pashmina scarves on QM2

goldengatecruisers

Hello fellow Cunarders. We have just enjoyed a fabulous crossing on the QM2 followed up by the 2 night Hamburg on the QE for the Golden Jubilee. What an amazing experience all round. Thank you Cunard for making these two voyages so special.

When packing to leave the QM2 we discovered two pashmina scarves in our closet. In doing a final check we pulled out the bottom drawer (below the safe) to ensure nothing had fallen out the back of the drawers and we discovered someone else's lovely scarves. One was pink and the other blue/lilac and in a clear plastic bag for protection. We turned them in to the Chief Housekeeper on deck 6 on the day we disembarked and she informs me they do have a lost and found on board.

I know its a long shot but I wanted to post on the off chance a fellow CruiseCritic member was in stateroom #6120 prior to our embarkation in NYC on May 29th. In any event, one should contact Cunard as they will hold these items for a period of time in case someone claims them.

Thanks,

Ashley

Ashley, it's a shame we almost met. I had been booked RT on QM2 along with the Hamburg trip, which would have been my first time on QE. I ended up cancelling as I am booked on QE's spring transatlantic (followed by a flight to Japan and another ship across the Pacific), and 14 days on QM2 for 2 on QE seemed a bit extravagant. Thank you for your honesty and thank you for your posting pictures of the other ship in Hamburg.

I hope we meet sometime in the future.

Roy

Roy I am certain our paths will cross. I have followed your posts on the other cruise line boards and on two occasions I believe one of us disembarked as the other embarked. It is only a matter of time before we are sailing together whether it be a dark blue hull or a couple of seahorses! You will really enjoy QE. It was our first time too and I must say we were blown away by the decor, the ambience and the staff we encountered. A really pleasurable experience and a shame it was only for a 2 day quick hop to Hamburg. I am sure we will book a longer voyage on the Queen Elizabeth.

Lynn - thanks for your kind comments. It was the right thing to do and hopefully they will find their way to their rightful owner.

Ashley

Archived