Just back from Summit to Bermuda w/ kids

Gaynors

I just wanted to let anyone going this summer on the Summit to Bermuda with their kids not to worry. My 11 year old son and 9 year old daughter loved the fun factory on our May 27th cruise to Bermuda. There were not that many kids on our sailing and only about 22 in their age group (9-11 yr old "Cadets") most activities had less than 10 kids participating. It was a small group but the counselors on the Summit were great and had lots of activities my kids really enjoyed. My son loved the dodge ball games and both loved ga ga ball.

I will be writing a review in the next few days but I thought I would post this now because I know how hard it is to find info about the fun factory on these boards.

If anyone has questions I'll try to answer. I know one of my fellow cc members from our cruise jgnova posted all the kids daily sheets for all the age groups.

Enjoyed your review - we leave on the 24th. Do you have copies of the new menus you can post? Trying to decide which night to possibly go to a speciality restaurant - any thoughts?Thanks.

Vicky

Enjoyed your review - we leave on the 24th. Do you have copies of the new menus you can post? Trying to decide which night to possibly go to a speciality restaurant - any thoughts?Thanks.

Vicky

We went the first night Normandie (20% discount) Wednesday night 4 and Friday (formal). We got the 3 restaurant package which was $268 for the 2 of us but included a bottle of wine with each dinner. We went to Normandie twice and Quisine on the middle night.

If you are in AQ, don't miss the scallops on night 3 - they were fantastic. The matr'd in Blu was so good that he got them for me too other nights (special order). Have fun!

Thanks for posting

Menus looked nice--we have been dining in BLU recently but think the MDR seem fine as well.

Why were there two dinner menus on the same night for 1st & late seating???

Nice review! We will be traveling on an upcoming Summit cruise with our son who is seven. He seemed impressed with the activities that we read; however, based on our last cruise, he doesn't like dodge or gaga ball! Do they still follow the other themed spy/pirate activities that are listed too?

Thanks!

Wow- so comprehensive! Thanks for sharing.

Cruises that are inexpensive and/or go to warm islands tend to attract a younger, party crowd. Longer cruises and cruises to Alaska, New England and Europe tend to attract more seasoned (older) travelers. Most of these people aren't looking for a party cruise atmosphere.

Thanks for posting

Menus looked nice--we have been dining in BLU recently but think the MDR seem fine as well.

Why were there two dinner menus on the same night for 1st & late seating???

They changed the menu that night between the two seatings. I'm not sure why, but both menus were in our folder and when I asked which one was correct, our waiter pointed to the second one. There was one minor difference in the offerings that night -- the Oysters Rockefeller was no longer available and they substituted the grilled shrimp appetizer.

These were the new menus, by the way. So new that the waitstaff and maitre d' had not seen many of the dishes before. DH's review mentioned one incident -- the cedar planked salmon -- the staff didn't realize that there would be a cedar plank on the plate left after we ate the salmon and, as usual, were concerned that we might not have enjoyed our meals. They didn't know that was a piece of wood, not edible. Usually the waitstaff is familiar with the items on the menus and can make recommendations, but this time, the listings were new to them and they had not yet had an opportunity to taste things.

S

Nice review! We will be traveling on an upcoming Summit cruise with our son who is seven. He seemed impressed with the activities that we read; however, based on our last cruise, he doesn't like dodge or gaga ball! Do they still follow the other themed spy/pirate activities that are listed too?

Thanks!

Since my kids were in the older group them didn't have the same type of themed nights as for the younger kids, however, they did pretty much stick with the schedules so I would guess that for the younger kids they did do pirate night and so on just as listed on their activity sheets.

Enjoy it.. we did!

Archived