Golfer's

cruiselvr1

Which Island?

Wialua on Kauai is close by

Kaanapoli is just north on Maui play the North Course. It used to be a Senior stop until they moved

Kapalua is about 30 min. More but can be very windy. Not sure which course but the PGA play here

I am more concerned with getting a tee time, and transportation. Honolulu port call is a lot longer, and gives more flexibility.

I am more concerned with getting a tee time, and transportation. Honolulu port call is a lot longer, and gives more flexibility.

The Waialea just past Diamond Head is a great course , but it may be private so you would need someone to make a tee time for you.

Also the traffic can be very bad in the afternoon

thanks. I was looking at this course. I would like an area that I could take a taxi from the pier.

You will like it, has a few fun holes but it's been a few years since I have played the course.

Remember keep your head down and follow through, enjoy your cruise

You will like it, has a few fun holes but it's been a few years since I have played the course.

Thanks. You sound like you know me. I do try to keep my head down, but it doesn't always work.

We use Golf Now on the mainland. We were seriously considering golfing on Maui (a two day stay on POA)..................Golf Now had a great selection, a lot cheaper than the cruise ship and same courses. A little research on Golf Now could help with your selection.

Hope all is well! Look us up on The Vision of the Seas RCI Jan 4 2013...love to chat!:D Pam & Gary

Hi Jim

You could join us, We did two cruises in one year....Jan 15 Caribbean and Hawaii Feb 1 2012! Whats the date and ship? So I can follow you and creep!:D Keep in touch! My brother just moved back to CA near San Diego, never know we may get to wine country someday now that we are both retired.:)

Pam

We took a cruise to Hawaii in Dec. PLAY KO'OLAU!!! If you call the pro shop, they can arrange a "transportation package" for you. They will pick you up at the dock and bring you back. Be sure to bring LOTS of balls!

Maui is a good island to rent a car (we don't usually like to do that). It is inexpensive and really easy to get around. There are quite a few wonderful courses there, you can't go wrong!

Have fun...hit 'em long and straight!

Ko Olina just past Pearl Harbor is a public resort course

Ko-Olina is a great course, but it is not that close to the pier. It's probably about 25-30 miles. It would be a very expensive cab ride!

We spent a week at the Marriott Vacation Club at Ko-Olina a couple of years ago, and liked it a lot.

Thank you all for your great ideas. Can't wait:)

This is a picture of Kauai Lagoons 16th hole from our aft balcony on the POA. I second Kauai Lagoons a Jack Nicklaus designed course.

Course is very beautiful with some interesting, challenging, and fun holes. Back nine has ocean view holes great for taking pictures. Front nine has a lots of hawaiian greenery to hit over to greens. The 16th hole is a fantastic downhill sloping right to left par four. The green is reachable with a 220 yard tee shot aimed at the palms trees on the right side of the fairway. The ball will roll all the way down the hill to the green. Two players in our group reached the green (missed eagle putt!).

P1010384.jpg

Archived