must have /helpful things to bring on a HAL cruise

fcleiser3

NoobCruise, or any other techie, are apps on an i-pad the same as on a smart phone? You mentioned using an app for calorie counting. I use the "Lose It" app on my phone but didn't know if I could use it on the cruise. I don't want to be charged for anything. Not only am I stingy with my calories, but I'm stingy with my money!

Thanks for any help. Nanners

NoobCruise, or any other techie, are apps on an i-pad the same as on a smart phone? You mentioned using an app for calorie counting. I use the "Lose It" app on my phone but didn't know if I could use it on the cruise. I don't want to be charged for anything. Not only am I stingy with my calories, but I'm stingy with my money!

I'm sorry, I can't answer that for you. I only have an ipad. My phone is a dinosaur motorola lol. I don't use it much other than to text DH and the kids. I've been using the Nutrisystem App (lost 25 lbs and DH lost 30 lbs on Nutrisystem) and the App works fine without internet. I think it may vary by App though.

Try putting your phone in airplane mode and see if your App still works.

Pepto-Bismol tablets always go along on every trip too - Peace Corp study found these better than antibiotics for the occasional traveller tummy bugs. Lomotil is also a must for back-up too.

Lomotil is prescription only. Try Imodium

Depends which smartphone you're referring to. If not an iPhone, then possibly. There are some apps that are available on multiple smartphone platforms (iPhone, Droid, etc.), but there's a different version of the app for each of the phones. If you're referring to an iPhone, then all iPhone apps will work on an iPad. However, some iPhone apps will only show up in an iPhone sized window on an iPad, although they will still work. Apps wriiten specifically for the iPad will not work on an iPhone. f you go to the app store on an iPad you'll see which apps are iPhone only (will show small screen on an iPad) and which apps are for the iPad.

Hope this helps.

Archived